Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 04:56 AM   #1
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Unable to use Moon+ Reader Pro Offline

I use Moon+ Reader Pro on a Boox Nova 3. I was very happy with the device and the app until the chapter page numbers started glitching. I then stupidly decided to update the firmware on the device as well as update the app to see if it would fix the page number issue, which made it impossible to open Moon+ Reader Pro without being connected to the internet. Every time I open the app (after it's been closed, not running in the background) the Google Play Store pops up and gives me the following error message: "You're offline. Check Your connection or get a notification when you will be back online." It won't open the app until I turn Wi-Fi back on. After that I can continue to use it with the Wi-Fi disconnected until the app closes again.

When I have access to Wi-Fi this is annoying (I keep the Wi-Fi off unless I'm importing books because it drains the battery), but because my ereader doesn't have cellular, it renders the app completely useless most places away from home. I was temporarily able to solve this issue by going into the Google settings and removing Moon+ Reader Pro from Connected Apps but just the other day the offline error message came back even though I haven't updated either the device or the app and it still isn't listed under Connect Apps. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there's a way to stop it? Any help would be appreciated. I need to be able to open the app when I'm not connected to the internet. Thanks in advance.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:27 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use Bluefire, Aldiko Basic, Lithum, Pocketbook, or install apk of KOReader (allows customising) from Git. All better than Moon+ Reader and free (or free versions are OK).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2023, 12:03 AM   #3
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Are you on the beta? I verified the same problem on my Bigme, but I uninstalled beta and used the main version and it started offline with both cloud and local books.
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote