Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-31-2023, 08:29 PM   #1
h_nara
h_nara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Easiest way to sync a folder between two Android devices?

I recently moved away from Kindle and ended up with two Android e-ink devices: first a Hisense Hi Reader pro and then a Boox Page. I love the two devices so far and I use KOReader on both of them to read books. To sync the KOReader book folder on the two devices, I tried Syncthing first. It works ok, able to sync highlights and progress... but, it only syncs when both devices are online. I open them side by side just to sync.. and that's a bit annoying. I'm looking for a two-way sync solution that doesn't require both device to be online at the same time. I will read on one device, make some highlights, make some progress on some books, then put it down and some time later when I pick up the other device, the updated highlights and progress should be synced. What service does this for android? I know you can probably do something like renting a virtual machine in the cloud and run syncthing server on it.. but that's one more thing to maintain. Any brainless, effortless service available?
h_nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:15 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_nara View Post
I recently moved away from Kindle and ended up with two Android e-ink devices: first a Hisense Hi Reader pro and then a Boox Page. I love the two devices so far and I use KOReader on both of them to read books. To sync the KOReader book folder on the two devices, I tried Syncthing first. It works ok, able to sync highlights and progress... but, it only syncs when both devices are online. I open them side by side just to sync.. and that's a bit annoying. I'm looking for a two-way sync solution that doesn't require both device to be online at the same time. I will read on one device, make some highlights, make some progress on some books, then put it down and some time later when I pick up the other device, the updated highlights and progress should be synced. What service does this for android? I know you can probably do something like renting a virtual machine in the cloud and run syncthing server on it.. but that's one more thing to maintain. Any brainless, effortless service available?
There's nothing like syncthing.

You could consider to install syncthing on one of those always powered devices, such as your mobile phone. That way your phone will be paired with your ereaders and sync data between them, so they will be able to stay in sync in spite of not being online at the same time.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2023, 11:54 AM   #3
rabe3ab
Enthusiast
rabe3ab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync
rabe3ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 04:05 AM   #4
PoohPooh
PoohPooh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Non è facile? Ad esempio, se desideri sincronizzare la cartella delle suonerie del tuo telefono con la cartella della musica, vai alle impostazioni di sincronizzazione e fai clic su OK.
PoohPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 08:40 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I use AutoSync from @metactrl to sync some specific folders with clouds. Not cheap but does its job well. What I don't know if it is able to sync non-public Android folders.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert