Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2023, 05:39 AM   #31
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
The one big feature from Koreader that I find lacking in Alreader X is that the former lets you open a dictionary upon long-pressing a word but selecting text if you long-press and drag your finger along the text. Alreader X interprets every long-press as a request for the dictionary.
There are indeed differences in this respect. Various options can be used to adapt them to the functions that each user uses most (double tap for dictionary or text selection, 2-finger taps to differentiate between them, assigning taps to areas of the screen for each function...), but they are not the same options that KOReader offers. I chose to assign them to touch areas of the screen to have more screen interaction options, but each user has their own preferences.

(I take advantage of this message to clarify that when I refer to reading programs on Android, I am referring to their use on e-readers, not on tablets or smartphones. In my opinion, the difference between using reading programmes adapted to e-ink or not is notable. That's why I prefer the adapted programmes. Only for occasional reading, and on powerful e-readers and with software that allows optimisation of applications, I would consider using non-adapted applications).
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 09:56 AM   #32
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
honestly they are all the same. reading is reading.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert