Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
weffey
weffey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Make sure your Kobo is NOT plugged in via USB while doing the desktop update. See if that helps.
The kobo, nor anything else, was plugged in via USB. I just redownloaded the installer and tried again with no luck.
weffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Thats strange then as normally that message would mean that a program has that file open... You could try use a tool, listdlls, from SysInternals to track down what process has that DLL open.

Try
Code:
listdlls -d libusb0.dll
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
bsheehan
bsheehan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I had the same problem. I purchased an e-book but could not get it to download to my kobo desktop account when I hit the sync option. It is there on my account that shows the books that I have purchased. I was able to download it to my Adobe Digital Editions desk top account, and have since tranferred it to my kobo.Is this how it should work? I was able to use the sync option previously.
bsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #19
pookie0987
pookie0987 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I am also having a problem with trying to sync and get the Internet Error message even though I am not having any connectivity issues. Anyone have a solution?
pookie0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #20
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
I've opened an issue on Kobo help support...
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #21
bsheehan
bsheehan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've solved my problem by re-installing the kobo desk-top icon. It has worked fine since then. Something to consider,
bsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #22
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
It always works for me, on Windows 7, by running the Kobo Desktop application using the "run as administrator" command from right-click popup menu.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've never EVER had to run the Desktop application by "run as administrator" on Windows 7. And yes.. UAC is on with me!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote