Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Back In the Hunt..suggestions required please!

Its been a while now and I am back in the hunt for another Large Screen Reader, this time from London.

For fiction, I have a Streak. So now i need a reader for technical stuffs. Mainly pdf and chms.

I am now very divided between Kindle DX, Ipad and Entourage Edge.
Do I have any other good options?

I have an opportunity to get the Edge as a friend is returning from Germany. However the 599E+shipping to Germany makes is very costly.

I like the KDX's lightness, huge battery life and lesser price but not its limited options.
i like the Ipad and Edge's versatility, but both are bit heavier and pricey.

Between Edge and Ipad, I like the Edge's openness but i dont really want a netbook.

In the end i may still lean towards an Ipad, mainly because of the appstore. I already have a huge collection of apps and apple support hopefully gives me a global warranty.

Do i have any other options?
Please do provide you comments/suggestions!
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
As of this week, for large format readers, you also have the Pocketbook 902/903 twins.
http://www.pocketgoods.de/index.php?...tkrne6t8rcdb6f
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for the info..

Wow..the PB 902 seems like a nice maybe better alternative to the KDX. 903 the writing seems too slow.
If the screen is at least as good as the old KDX i will consider this a good buy.

Current shipping dates seems to show Nov 15th though, a little too long for me.
But still its something i will consider.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
thanks for the info..

Wow..the PB 902 seems like a nice maybe better alternative to the KDX. 903 the writing seems too slow.
If the screen is at least as good as the old KDX i will consider this a good buy.

Current shipping dates seems to show Nov 15th though, a little too long for me.
But still its something i will consider.
On the 903 writing speed: there are two separate videos floating around that show the pen features at work. They were shot a day apart with different firmware. The newer being noticeably faster. Still, the display is eink rather than LCD so its probably best to temper expectations.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
I would have suggested the same. It seems pdf reflow is good, including with photos in the pdf, but the video I saw is too short to really figure it out.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
rhari79
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalebarde View Post
I would have suggested the same. It seems pdf reflow is good, including with photos in the pdf, but the video I saw is too short to really figure it out.
Hi, can you post any links to this video?
i saw the IFA videos but none seemed to have pdfs.

Anyone have an idea about Dittobook D9?
I was supposed to come out months ago. I can only see the price in their site, but no place to buy it.