Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
paulpod
paulpod began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony or kindle for text based PDFs?

Hi there,

i intend to buy an eReader for use primarily with text based PDFs.
I have hundreds of eBooks, mostly philosophy books and textbooks all in PDF format and am stuck between the kindle 3 and the sony PRS350.

I am aware that the kindle has a bigger screen, but the sony has the ability to reflow the pdfs and thus change font size, which the kindle can only do if you convert them to the relevant formats. i have converted a few to mobi using calibre but so far alot of the conversions havent been great, and they take a long time!
does anyone think the kindle's screen will be big enough for text based pdf's without having to zoom?

Cheers

paul
paulpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Paul.

As much as I love my K3, I don't care for its pdf viewing ability.

The DX, while more expensive, is awesome, tho.

If you are looking for a smaller unit, I'll let the Sony people speak on their behalf!

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote