Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Checkers for Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo

Hi!

Today I've compiled my first program for Kobo Touch and Cobo Glo - Checkers.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33538054/ch...1.0.7_kobo.zip

But I have no Kobo and don't know exactly how to run it.

Instructions (to advanced users or developers that can access to Kobo through telnet/ssh):
1. Unpack archive
2. Copy "checkers" directory into the root of internal flash memory (/mnt/onboard)
3. Copy qt_plugins/libKindleFb.so to Qt plugins directory on Kobo (probably /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/gfxdrivers)
4. Start checkers.sh (I don't know exactly how to do it)

Please assist me to make installation and add start/stop nickel support to checkers.sh. I need help of advanced users or developers that can access to Kobo through telnet/ssh.

P.S. Program is 100% working and tested with Amazon Kindle, PocketBook, Onyx and Desktop.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-16-2012 at 06:04 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
It starts, see the attached screenshot. Touch input doesn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1270
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	96241  
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
It starts, see the attached screenshot. Touch input doesn't work.
Thanks!

First of all, Qt seems can't find it's fonts ... Ok, I'll add fonts to checkers installation.

Second, about touchscreen

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/input/event1

does "/dev/input/event1" file exists?

And probably we should try

killall nickel

first...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Ok, I've added fonts to installation and also modified checkers.sh for fonts:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

root=/mnt/onboard/checkers
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/lib
export QWS_DISPLAY=kindlefb
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=$root/fonts
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/input/event1
# ??? killall nickel before start ???
$root/checkers -qws
# ??? restore nickel after exit ???
Can you provide Qt plugins listing?

ls -lR /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins

P.S. Just in case. In your screenshot I see registration message box in the center with "Ok" button (small square). Tap on this "Ok" button. Message box should close and you can play (if everything other is ok).

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-16-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

That fixed the fonts, the touchscreen still doesn't work. /dev/input/event1 is the right device (catting it produces output when interacting with it), and nickel uses export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="tslib_nocal:/dev/input/event1". I tried that as well, without success. I killed nickel before, of course.

Also, you overwrote the binary with the script in the latest zip, so I used the older one.

Quote:
# ls -lR /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/
/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/:
total 5
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Nov 16 13:39 gfxdrivers
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Oct 11 00:46 iconengines
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Oct 11 00:46 imageformats
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Oct 11 02:03 script
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Oct 11 00:46 sqldrivers

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/gfxdrivers:
total 35
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35796 Nov 16 13:39 libKindleFb.so

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/iconengines:
total 39
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39316 Oct 1 14:41 libqsvgicon.so

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/imageformats:
total 497
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27364 Oct 1 14:41 libqgif.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26932 Oct 1 14:41 libqico.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 29124 Oct 1 14:41 libqjpeg.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20220 Oct 1 14:41 libqmng.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 19536 Oct 1 14:41 libqsvg.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20032 Oct 1 14:41 libqtga.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 361772 Oct 1 14:41 libqtiff.so

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/script:
total 55
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 56164 May 18 2011 libqtscriptdbus.so

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/sqldrivers:
total 540
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 552608 Oct 1 14:41 libqsqlite.so
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I don't see mouse plugin among your plugins

That's can be the reason. I'll try to compile plugin...

Can you look for "libqtslibmousedriver.so" ?

probably it is in other place.

Also give me the "env" command output.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
ah-
Connoisseur

Neither find / | grep -i tslib or grep -i mouse find anything, so I suppose it's not there.

Quote:
# env
USER=root
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/qte/lib:lib:
OLDPWD=/checkers
HOME=/
QTDIR=/qte
BOOTLOADER=1.1.4 (build Aug 01)
PS1=[\u@\h \W]\$
KERNEL=2.6.18 (build Aug 01)
QWS_KEYBOARD=EbrKeyboard:/dev/button
LOGNAME=root
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
QWS_DISPLAY=EINK
PWD=/
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=TPanel:/dev/ts0
Note that the nickel start script changes these variables and there's no /dev/ts0.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I can only assume that nickel has this plugin (as long as screen plugin) inside . Ok, I'll try to compile tslib and Qt mouse driver.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I've uploaded a new version with mousedrivers/libqtslibmousedriver.so

Put libqtslibmousedriver.so into

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/plugins/mousedrivers.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
ah-
Connoisseur

The checkers binary is still missing, and it now complains about /etc/pointercal not being there. If I create an empty file i can move the window by randomly touching stuff on the screen, but the calibration is off. Nickel uses tslib_nocal, if that helps.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
The checkers binary is still missing, and it now complains about /etc/pointercal not being there. If I create an empty file i can move the window by randomly touching stuff on the screen, but the calibration is off. Nickel uses tslib_nocal, if that helps.
tslib_nocal driver is a Kobo stuff, I don't have it's sources. May be I'll try to contact with Kobo developer from git.hub...

Another option is to look into Kindle Paperwhite touch screen driver...

Otherwise we need to calibrate touch screen somehow... I don't familiar with tslib but I'll try to gather some info on that. Thanks for your help! I hope that we will success!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah-
The checkers binary is still missing
Sorry... something wrong was with my build script. Updated.

ah-

I have an idea

nickel is 'qws' server. So, probably we don't need to start our own qws server. Our program will be qws client. It will use qws server with it's plugins to handle touchscreen input and render graphics.

pbchess.sh:

("-qws" parameter should be removed)

Code:
#!/bin/sh
root=/mnt/onboard/checkers
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.8.0-arm/lib
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=$root/fonts # ??? do I need this?
$root/checkers
I started my programs on Onyx Boox similar.

If everything ok, client program (checkers) will connect to qws server (nickel).
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
ah-
Connoisseur

Well, the best way would be to implement it via nickels plugin interface. Then you get fully working drivers and good integration with the rest. See the examples in the koboreader git repository for inspiration.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #14
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Well, the best way would be to implement it via nickels plugin interface. Then you get fully working drivers and good integration with the rest. See the examples in the koboreader git repository for inspiration.
ah- It would be great for small games (such as Sokoban, Checkers etc) but It is not a good solution for "heavy" chess I think - as far as I know plugins can't be unloaded till device restart.

Please try the script below ...
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
koenieee
Enthusiast
koenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
sergeyvl12, did you get it working?
I'm looking for something to write a standalone QT app (same as your checkers)
koenieee is offline   Reply With Quote