Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 09:59 PM   #1
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Upgrade from Nova Pro to 3, worth it?

My Nova Pro is working fine, battery is good.
It’s not unbearably slow but notice how much snappier my Poke 3 is.
I don’t really use it for notes, not for audiobooks either, basically my ultimate ereader at bedtime.
Has anyone updated from Pro to 3 and felt it was worth it...or not?
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
My Nova Pro is working fine, battery is good.
It’s not unbearably slow but notice how much snappier my Poke 3 is.
I don’t really use it for notes, not for audiobooks either, basically my ultimate ereader at bedtime.
Has anyone updated from Pro to 3 and felt it was worth it...or not?
I guess it would be faster if you upgrade from Nova Pro to Poke 3 (at least 2X). At the same time I keep asking myself "What Android App would I install on my ereader"? Then suddenly I dropped the requirement of having an Android ereader.

Currently I am considering Kobo Libra H2O because
  • I could export all my purchased/borrowed book into epub format
  • I want to use Pocket on my device (that's why I ruled out Kindle Oasis)
  • I want to use sync my epub (Kobo Forma can sync with dropbox)
  • I want to read comics (Kobo Forma is good but it would be too big to carry around)
  • I really love the side button
  • I want a lighter ereader

I really really prefer Kobo Forma but it would be too big to carry around. That's why I am considering Libra H2O.

Last edited by winstonma; 05-04-2021 at 12:38 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I upgraded my son's NovaPro to a Nova3 when the battery died (and I have a Nova2). We mainly use them for manga. Him about 5 hours a day so I wasn't too worried about wear after a couple of years.

Whilst in a book, there's very little difference.

Fast-charging and usb-c were nice little upgrades. Faster wifi Pro>2 was a big plus.

Massive speed upgrade opening, and switching between apps from NovaPro>Nova2. Then the Nova 3 was an additional bump.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote