Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #2146
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's no date/time section in the Settings, which is why I mentioned shell access. But it's a computer, there's a clock, and it matters .

A Kindlet failing to launch should never ever restart the device, so, you probably have much bigger issues on your hands, and mixing up "up to date" information with a ten year old mess means I have no idea in which state your device is.

Both KUAL and CR are fairly slow to startup, and the *first* launch will probably fail, especially if the device is busy. Second launch should be faster, though.
That's documented in the KUAL doc.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #2147
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast
MonsteraPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & co.
Yeah, I don't really want to install USBNetworking on this Kindle! It's my original, and I don't want to brick it. It seems much easier to brick than most devices I've messed with, considering the age of most guides.

Yes, I figured out why it was restarting! I messed up with updating the developer keys, instead of just installing the keys, it was installing them and then uninstalling them on boot. KUAL works now, and Coolreader keeps giving me the "waiting for command" error, so that's likely the best I'm going to get.

Thank you for your help!
MonsteraPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #2148
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Smile Tried renaming it to MENU.kual :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd23 View Post
Ok, that's funny.
I just created a directory called kual2 in documents and put a foo.kual in there. Et voila, it shows up in my library as "foo" and opens KUAL. I guess that works for me
It's really funny as now you can see that file won't appear on recent file sort refreshed list'
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #2149
dd23
dd23 doesn't litterdd23 doesn't litter

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish4i View Post
It's really funny as now you can see that file won't appear on recent file sort refreshed list'
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I can see the file just fine in my library when sorted by most recent documents. I can also search for "KUAL" and the kindle will show the document in the search results.
dd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #2150
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
KUAL exiting to Grid View instead of List View

I've just done the kindlebreak JB on a refurb KV after updating the firmware to the minimum version supported by kindlebreak, 5.10.3, then installed MRPI and KUAL (coplate).

All seemed to go well, but when I xQuit KUAL, the home screen has reverted from List View to Grid View. This also has been happening after every restart after the update to 5.10.3, but opening a book then closing it leaves the screen in List View even after the update to 5.10.3 and after the JB.

All my other kindles are running 5.9.6.1 or lower, so I have no experience with 5.10.x

kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r18286.tar.xz
KUAL-44a61b6-20200604.tar.xz
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #2151
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@j.p.s: That's a strange one ;o).

I also don't have any experience with anything > 5.9, so I can't really say, but if it's broken with a plain cold boot -> reboot cycle (e.g., without running KUAL in between), it smells like a FW quirk .
Old 03-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #2152
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@j.p.s: That's a strange one ;o).

I also don't have any experience with anything > 5.9, so I can't really say, but if it's broken with a plain cold boot -> reboot cycle (e.g., without running KUAL in between), it smells like a FW quirk .
Thanks, it has been doing it after reboot since the update, but well before KUAL got installed, so I feared FW quirk, but hoped there was something KUAL could do or refrain from doing.

Is there any chance it's unregistered status has something to do with it?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #2153
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You mean besides being an unsupported configuration that's probably barely tested, thus compounding the potential for FW quirks? ^^
Old 06-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #2154
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3, KW3, PW4
Question

Can anyone please help point out why the Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.24_install.bin is no longer targeting Oasis2 and PW4? Version 2.7.14 did include them in the targets list.

Code:
Checking update package 'E:\mrpackages\Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.24_install.bin'.
Bundle         SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number    0
Cert file      pubdevkey01.pem (Developer)
Bundle         FD04 (Versionless [vls])
Bundle Type    OTA V2
Minimum OTA    1679530004
Target OTA     18446744073709551615
Devices        47 <-- should be 55?
Device         Kindle 5 Touch WiFi
Device         Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Brazil
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G Russia
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi (4GB) International
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G (4GB) Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G (4GB)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G (4GB) Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi+3G (4GB) Brazil
Device         Kindle Basic (2014)
Device         Kindle Basic (2014) Australia
Device         Kindle Voyage WiFi
Device         Kindle Voyage WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle Voyage WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle Voyage WiFi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle Voyage WiFi+3G Mexico
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi+3G Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi+3G Mexico
Device         White Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi
Device         White Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi (32GB) Japan
Device         White Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi (32GB) Japan
Device         White Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi+3G International
Device         White Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi+3G International (Bis)
Device         Kindle Oasis WiFi
Device         Kindle Oasis WiFi+3G
Device         Kindle Oasis WiFi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle Oasis WiFi+3G International
Device         Kindle Oasis WiFi+3G China
Device         Kindle Basic 2 (2016)
Device         White Kindle Basic 2 (2016)
// The following section is missing
Device         Kindle Oasis 2 (2017) WiFi (8GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 2 (2017) WiFi+3G (32GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 2 (2017) WiFi (32GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 2 (2017) WiFi+3G (32GB) Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (8GB)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (32GB)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi+4G (32GB)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi+4G (32GB) Europe
// The above section is missing
Critical       0
Padding Byte   0 (0x00)
MD5 Hash       7dc654600478bff2ab0e396670b31774
Metadata       7
Metastring     PackageName=KUALBooklet
Metastring     PackageVersion=v2.7.24-g9f3694a
Metastring     PackageAuthor=ixtab, NiLuJe, twobob, stepk
Metastring     PackageMaintainer=NiLuJe
Metastring     PackagedWith=KindleTool v1.6.5.238-g93c831d built by portage@localhost on Gentoo
Metastring     PackagedBy=niluje@illyria
Metastring     PackagedOn=2021-05-12 @ 17:42:06 UTC
kaneorotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #2155
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kaneorotar: Because given the release FW version, it has zero chance of actually running properly on those. You'll want the coplate variant there.

(Since https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...ecb62e1e575c57)
Old 06-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #2156
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3, KW3, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kaneorotar: Because given the release FW version, it has zero chance of actually running properly on those. You'll want the coplate variant there.

(Since https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...ecb62e1e575c57)
Got it. Thanks a lot!
kaneorotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:17 AM   #2157
amirdene
amirdene began at the beginning.

Device: kindel
hello, i have PW3 with 5.12.1 firmware.
i try do this software jailbreak like in the guid KindleBreak - Software Jailbreak for (almost) any Kindle <= 5.13.3 , and i don't know if it work.
i got kindlebreak_log.txt file after the reboot and it said that the jailbreak work and then i update the firmwate with the JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip file. but when i move the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 file to the device documents folder the "kindle launcher" not add to my device (it not add to my download screen in the home screen).. and not happened nothing ... the device firmware still 5.12.1 and all the books that i add before the process or memory remained. please help
amirdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #2158
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@amirdene: Please don't cross-post. One is enough .
Old 10-17-2021, 06:36 AM   #2159
LuigiTheHunter
LuigiTheHunter began at the beginning.

Device: G000KA White Kindle Basic 2 (2016) KT3, KT3W Gen 8
Cannot get KUAL to run on updating JB

Sorry I just noticed I posted this on the wrong "Open Sesame" Thread instead of here...

Good Mornin,

I followed this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564 tutorial to *update* my JB. Everything worked flawlessly and I double checked everything but I cannot, for some reason get KUAL to run.

I always get this error:

Written:
"
Running install.sh . . .
Progressbar: 50%
Package script failed (127), moving
on . . . :(
"

Did I mess sth up?
LuigiTheHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #2160
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LuigiTheHunter: That wasn't necessarily the wrong place, and, for the record, cross-posting is *worse* than just a minor off-topic (and I don't really think it was ).

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified