Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Ianamaste
Ianamaste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
On Raspberry Calibre ejects Kindle after sending one book

Hello,

I'm using Calibre 3.35 on Raspberry and after I send one book it ejects the Kindle. The device is still mounted but I can't send more books nor open any folder in the file manager. The light on the Kindle is still on but the screen shows the book covers instead of the usb image. I have to disconnect and connect again to send another book.

Any advise?
Thank you
Ianamaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not eject devices unless you ask it to. There is a bug somewhere either in the OS or the USB cable/port that is causing this. WHen sending books, all calibre does is use stadard filesystem operations to copy them over.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:49 AM   #3
bbbush
bbbush began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I got the same issue and found this post, also a similar one here https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=203973
bbbush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle oasis, raspberry pi 3