Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Doranwen
Enthusiast
Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none, sadly, they all died
I don't think he's actually gotten it ordered yet - he tried to make an offer on a used e-reader on ebay and had trouble figuring out how to get the offers to work, and he's had some major things going on in the past couple of weeks, but I know he's wanting to get it soon.

Yeah, the problem is most of the books he'll be reading are epubs - but there are a good number of pdfs that he wants to read, so it needs to be able to handle both. Also, the files are on computer hard drives currently so anything that doesn't have a simple USB file transfer (or else the ability to load up an SD card of some kind separately and then plop that in) is not an option. He definitely doesn't want to be limited to Internet transfer only. Given all those possibilities, the Boox Max or Boox Max 2 sounds like the best option that I've come across so far.
Doranwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #17
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast
John.Dorrian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle KB, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranwen View Post
I don't think he's actually gotten it ordered yet - he tried to make an offer on a used e-reader on ebay and had trouble figuring out how to get the offers to work, and he's had some major things going on in the past couple of weeks, but I know he's wanting to get it soon.

Yeah, the problem is most of the books he'll be reading are epubs - but there are a good number of pdfs that he wants to read, so it needs to be able to handle both. Also, the files are on computer hard drives currently so anything that doesn't have a simple USB file transfer (or else the ability to load up an SD card of some kind separately and then plop that in) is not an option. He definitely doesn't want to be limited to Internet transfer only. Given all those possibilities, the Boox Max or Boox Max 2 sounds like the best option that I've come across so far.
Boox Max has lower screen resolution (except Max Carta) and don’t have touch screen (only stylus support).
Also 13” onyx devices don’t have any protective cases.
###
I would suggest that he ordered onyx boox Max and onyx boox note 10.3” from Amazon, try both and return the one he does not like.
John.Dorrian is offline   Reply With Quote