Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
knyc
knyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Author sort

Is the new 'sort author by firstname' a permanent change, or will calibre (hopefully) go back to the 'sort by lastname, display with firstname' with the next release?
knyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by knyc View Post
Is the new 'sort author by firstname' a permanent change, or will calibre (hopefully) go back to the 'sort by lastname, display with firstname' with the next release?
There is no such change. There was a release available for a few hours that was broken and sorted that way, but it was fixed immediately. There are also tweaks that can cause it to look like it sorts by firstname. Try an upgrade first, and if that doesn't fix your problem, come back here or check your tweaks.
Also, make sure that the author_sort field is last name first.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
knyc
knyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Author sort

I must have slipped in between the im and the mediately, as I'm looking directly at authors sorted by first name. I have no tweaks, it's straight out of the box. I'll get .20 Thanks anyway

knyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knyc View Post
I must have slipped in between the im and the mediately, as I'm looking directly at authors sorted by first name. I have no tweaks, it's straight out of the box. I'll get .20 Thanks anyway

It must suck to be stuck between a m and a m like that. Upgrading to 0.7.20 will fix you up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote