Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Book covers not displaying in android kindle

Apologies in advance for a dumbass question I use Calibre to convert books where applicable and I do have some books in their native .mobi format and I would say that most of the time the book cover is not displayed, when I open the book and select menu>Go To>Cover, the cover is there but is not displayed on the main screen, I know that there is a 'covers' folder within the kindle folder but even if I put a cover in there with the exact name as the book, still nothing appears. It's not the biggest problem I know but slightly irritating nonetheless
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I found a fixed

Maybe is too late and you fixed but I had the same problem on my Kindle for Android. It looks like converting mobi to mobi via Calibre, fixed the thumbnail issue.

Here's the complete thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119570
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Maybe is too late and you fixed but I had the same problem on my Kindle for Android. It looks like converting mobi to mobi via Calibre, fixed the thumbnail issue.

Here's the complete thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119570
Thanks so much for updating this thread jocampo, that is very diligent of you indeed. I don't actually use my android phone app for reading anymore as I now own a kindle which I take everywhere.
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote