Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Winnie-the-Pooh on Kindle

Firstly, although I've added it to the free books thread for Kindles, the appearance of a new way to read W-t-P for free is clearly Extremely Important, so it's worth posting twice for that reason, even if it isn't the crustimony proseedcake normally.

I was also wondering, though - do you think that this is because Apple seem to have done a deal on W-t-P? It appears for free with every install of iBooks. Perhaps it's not only Apple who don't want the publishers giving better deals to anyone else in their contracts?

It is perhaps, a tiny benefit from the agency pricing deal?

No House at Pooh Corner in the UK though
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's not available in the U.S. presently, but I'm curious to know if it's going to include the original illustrations... they're mostly in black and white anyway, so I don't think the Kindle would have problems rendering them clearly. I have a giant hardback Treasury of Winnie the Pooh, but I'd love to be able to take some of the stories with me in such a compact travel-friendly form.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert