Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Where do purchased lrf files go?

Having purchased a few books from the sony ebook store for my prs-505, I'm wondering where they are actually located on my computer. If I should experience hard drive failure I'd no longer have these books. Can they be gotten to and backed up?
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
look for lrx file.
They should be somewhere in
C:/Documents and settings/[your user name]/Documents/Books
or something like that
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I have Vista on my laptop and here is where mine is set to go into on the system.

C/users/owner/docs/mybooks/ebooklibrary

The DRM'd books are lrx from Sony BBeB Secure

the non DRM'd books are lrf

The major pain is that the books are named by numbers instead of book name

I also have copied that whole file into another file to store off my laptop just in case something happens.

Last edited by dreams; 06-06-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You don't purchase LRF from the Sony eBookstore.. LRF is without DRM and Sony only sells with DRM. What Sony sell is LRX which is with DRM.

In XP the purchased eBooks from Sony are in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks everyone, found my books. Didn't know they were numbers not titles either.
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Best thing to do is open each file in the Connect software on the PC so you know what it is, and then rename it to something sensible. Makes it a lot easier to deal with in the future that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote