Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
XK143
XK143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage - Back again after trying them all!
Lines repeat on page turn

I've noticed a new problem lately on my 505 that is getting annoying. I've searched the forums and haven't found anyone else with the same issue: Whenever I turn a page, the last few lines from the previous page are repeated on the new page. Sometimes it's one line, sometimes up to four. Some of the books are those purchased directly through the Sony eBook Library software in "unmolested" format. Immediately after buying my reader, I updated it with PRS Customizer and changed the font to Calibri. However, I've only noticed this problem begin occurring lately, after reading many books without any issues whatsoever.

Anyone ideas? Should I just do a complete wipe and reset or am I missing something? Thanks for any help!
XK143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
If you changed the font on the reader and you use the Sony software to upload books, you also need to change the font the Sony software uses as well.

You'll also need to delete and re-upload all your books to your reader (regardless of how you upload your books to your reader.)

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Just a stupid question : what is the orientation of your Reader ?

I don't mean "is it gay ?" but more like : "portrait or landscape ?" ; because this behavior is absolutely normal in landscape mode...

Hope this helped, although it was probably just stupid...

Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I was going to ask the same question, whether the screen orientation was portrait or landscape.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
XK143
XK143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage - Back again after trying them all!
dordale: Finally got around to looking at this again but yep, that was the problem! I never completed the [final] step of changing fonts in the eBook program as well. Strange how the issue just recently crept up since I changed the Reader fonts quite some time ago, but I'll consider it fixed. Thank you!

dpierron & grooks: I always read in portrait...haven't seen much use to reading in landscape yet. Oh, and my Reader is very secure in it's "orientation."

Thanks for the help gentlemen!
XK143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert