Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
twister
Enthusiast
twister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and 2
Anyway to remove paragraph spaces in pdb files?

I'm using python2.6/ereader2html to convert my library of books I bought to html files and then using Calibre to convert to mobi files for my Kindle 2. It has worked great but I would like to remove the spaces in between the paragraphs. I have checked the remove space option in Calibre and it has not worked. The paragraphs are not indented so this probably would not work anyway unless these feature would indent paragraphs as well.

I have opened the html files in Word (2007) and tried to do it with find and replace with no luck. There is no paragraph markers, there is 2 manual line breaks.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, twister.

Someone will surely answer your questions shortly.

In the meantime, check out the free books we have here, and enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
In the Word Find and Replace menu, can't you specify (using the special character options) "line break" "line break" and replace with one line break or a paragraph marker?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
twister
Enthusiast
twister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
In the Word Find and Replace menu, can't you specify (using the special character options) "line break" "line break" and replace with one line break or a paragraph marker?
Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of that. That worked. Thanks!
twister is offline   Reply With Quote