Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
ExEmGe
ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Microsoft Reader problem

For some reason, MS Reader is under the impression that all my 'Audible' audio books are 'reader' books. Is there any way to disabuse it of this idea? I can't find any way of directing it to look in 'My Library' instead of 'Program Files/Audible/Programs/Downloads' I certainly never told it to look in the latter.

Andy Minter
ExEmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
So are you saying double clicking an Audible file opens MS Reader, or something else?

That would mean your Audible files are associated with MS Reader for some reason. To change this find an Audible file, right click & select properties. On the General tab it'll say "Opens with:" and you'll see a change button. From there you can re-associate it with something else (iTunes, Audible's software). This will be a global change, so once you do it on one file it'll take care of all of them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
ExEmGe
ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
No. The files (.aa) are associated with 'Real Player' and open with it perfectly o.k. The problem is just that they all appear in Reader's library (together with a picture of the CD box cover) They don't really cause any problem, they're just a nuisance and I don't know how to get rid of them (deleting from Reader deletes the file)
Incidentaly, the one ebook for Reader that I have is in 'My Library' and also appears

thanks for answering anyway
Andy Minter
ExEmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExEmGe View Post
No. The files (.aa) are associated with 'Real Player' and open with it perfectly o.k. The problem is just that they all appear in Reader's library (together with a picture of the CD box cover) They don't really cause any problem, they're just a nuisance and I don't know how to get rid of them (deleting from Reader deletes the file)
Incidentaly, the one ebook for Reader that I have is in 'My Library' and also appears

thanks for answering anyway
Andy Minter
The reason that they appear is that Microsoft reader can read them using the built in audio capability. I would rather they didn't list them also but it is not a default application problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote