Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Highlighting text only works for a while

Anybody else seen this problem? Highlighting text works for a while in a book (you mark the text, and hit the highlighter icon) -- but after a while, it stops working (hitting the highlighter icon does nothing; the text doesn't highlight and no entry appears in the list of annotations). I've seen it in a couple of books now, most recently the Canadian edition of THE WISDOM OF PSYCHOPATHS by Kenneth Dutton. It's very frustrating. Sometimes, the capability returns, and sometimes it's gone for good for that book.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds to me like this could be a bug. Luckily for me I have not had that problem so far.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How long is "after a while"? I know in the past I've had 20 pages of annotations for an epub. They weren't added in one reading session, but over a couple of days. They were also small highlights and note, a single word or a few characters to mark a spelling or punctuation mistake.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

davidfor, I've got 7 pages of annotations in the current book I'm reading -- before it crapped out and stopped accepting more highlights. (It WILL set and save new bookmarks, but not highlights.)
Old 10-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
OK, I'll go mad with notes while I'm read today and see what happens.

From a post elsewhere, I think you are reading kepubs. Is that right?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
RobertJSawyer
Guru

davidfor, that's correct: the books in question are Kepubs, bought on and directly delivered to my Kobo Glo from the Kobo store. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Slimecat
Slimecat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Anybody else seen this problem? Highlighting text works for a while in a book (you mark the text, and hit the highlighter icon) -- but after a while, it stops working (hitting the highlighter icon does nothing; the text doesn't highlight and no entry appears in the list of annotations).
I'm having this exact problem. I've had my Kobo Glo for about a fortnight, but as of a few days ago the highlight function stopped working, in exactly the way you describe.
Slimecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
andrewcrlucas
andrewcrlucas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have started seeing this as well. Has anyone found a solution?
andrewcrlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
andrewcrlucas
andrewcrlucas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing when trying to use the annotations feature on your Kobo Glo. This is a known issue with the current software version on the Kobo Glo, we are working on a resolutions for this issue and will be releasing an update in the near future to fix this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again and we will gladly help you out.

Sincerely,

The Kobo Team
andrewcrlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Anybody else seen this problem? Highlighting text works for a while in a book (you mark the text, and hit the highlighter icon) -- but after a while, it stops working (hitting the highlighter icon does nothing; the text doesn't highlight and no entry appears in the list of annotations). I've seen it in a couple of books now, most recently the Canadian edition of THE WISDOM OF PSYCHOPATHS by Kenneth Dutton. It's very frustrating. Sometimes, the capability returns, and sometimes it's gone for good for that book.
I've had the same thing reading a Kepub on a Mini (updated with the last firmware available, 2.3.1).
Highlighting stopped working out of the blue, and later worked again without any warning
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote