Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Question Need some help from a professional...

Hi!

I want to do a game of my own using obelix' "Sudoku" as starting point.

Can someone please tell me what programming language (apart from Javascript) was used in his code?

I could not find in my JS documentation, e.g.:

- stream.bytesAvailable
- container.getDevice().doneResume();
- FileSystem.getFileInfo(...)
and others.

Is my docu just too old/bad? Or are these expressions from other languages I have definitely NO IDEA about? (like: php, cgi, perl ...) I thought the SONY just uses Javascript!?!

Thank you VERY much for any hint to a (not totally) blind amateur!
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
It's JavaScript, but the functions you're asking about are functions/methods provided by the Reader-supplied/specific objects, not functions built into the language itself. The problem you'll have is that these aren't documented anywhere (other than, presumably, within Sony,) so it's been a matter of investigating the files/scripts already on the device in order to determine what functions they call in order to find what can be done.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
It's JavaScript, but the functions you're asking about are functions/methods provided by the Reader-supplied/specific objects, not functions built into the language itself. [...]
Thanks, gwynevans.
Now I know at least there is no other "exotic" language involved...
When I googled these function names I mainly got links to "Flex"-related sites - and I never heard of that before...

If anybody happens to have a link to some kind of "overview" page that would be fantastic, though. (I found a "resources505 Folder" here at MobileRead. I will start with that one...)
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
Clemenseken
eWriter

Thumbs down Special characters onto screen ?!?

Hi!

By now I'm on a good way with my game. But I want it to be playable in English as well as in my own language - German.

So I have the difficulty to get "Umlaute" and special characters (ä,ö,ü / é,è...) onto the screen. My "autorun.js" froze immediately when I used "ä" - even in a /*comment*/ !!!
I want to write "Have some fun!" AND: "Ich wünsche viel Spaß!" ...

How can I get specials onto the screen?
("ü" or "& # 223;" won't do. anything with "^", "\" no better...)

I would be glad for any hint!!! Thank you!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Make sure you save the .js and .xml files as UTF-8.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Clemenseken
eWriter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Make sure you save the .js and .xml files as UTF-8.
... I will do that.
Apart from this I found a function (method?) in an older selfhtml file recommending

String.fromCharCode(223)

(223 resulting in "ß").

Thanks a lot for your help and this great site! Clemens