Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
Although the problem seems to vary in severity, the bug is that if you remove items from the Carousel, they reappear. Although the Carousel is supposed to include only the items you have accessed (in order from most recent) items (books, apps, etc.) that a user has NEVER accessed appear. Remove them and they reappear. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after a short delay, sometimes after syncing, and almost always after rebooting the device.

After putting up with this obvious and very annoying bug since day one, I was hopeful that the fix Amazon has promised since it was first reported would be included in the 7.2.1 update. It wasn't as I discovered after laboriously removing over 50 (!) items from the damn Carousel, one by one.

I'm a fan of the Kindle Fires and a "pro" on the Amazon website Kindle Forum but I have to say that it is APPALLING that such an obvious bug in the main UI ever managed to get through product testing, especially after Amazon finally implemented the ability to remove items from the Carousel after a chorus of complaints for several months about the first generation Kindle Fire.

Rant over.
Understand, and now that you listed it, yes to all of the above. Especially after a reboot for sure. I would think if enough people complain to them they will sooner or later fix it.

Said in a very hopeful manner!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
bernadette
bernadette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I am using the Apple Wireless Keyboard with the Kindle Fire HD (7"), and it works well (no repeat keys issue, bought the KIndle Fire HD at the end of Dec. 2012), EXCEPT for one issue, hoping someone can help.
After I pair the keyboard with the KFHD, and then put the KFHD into sleep mode (close the cover), when I turn it on again, the KFHD is still paired with the Apple keyboard. I can tell, because certain keys work: the arrow keys, COMMAND-E takes me to email, etc.
HOWEVER, the most important keys: the actual keyboard keys: qwerty etc result in nothing ... they are essentially no-ops. Has anyone experienced this and if so, know how to fix it? I'm hoping the keyboard is in some odd state, and there is some magic key combo to fix this. (The only fix I've found is to power down the KFHD and restart it ... repairing the keyboard - forgetting the Apple keyboard and re-pairing - does not forget it ....)

(NOTE: the issue doesn't happen if the KFHD goes to sleep on its own after the timeout period ... so perhaps the problem occurs after a period of use when the Apple keyboard powers itself down? I don't see a power indicator on the Apple keyboard, so can't tell easily when it's powered down or not.)

Last edited by bernadette; 01-14-2013 at 07:00 PM.
bernadette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I ordered the 1st one the OP mentioned it worked Great as Keyboard BUT I found the over all case Big & Bulky & when I tossed it on my van seat fron 2 feet the Keyboard slid 1/2 way out the case! Also Cant be used without WiFi!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
simon lord
simon lord began at the beginning.

Device: KFHD
Same Issue Bernadette

Bernadette I'm having the same issue ! Suddenly apple wireless keyboard "e" opens email ,"c" opens calender ,nothing else works ? .I forgot and re-paired it but still the same . I'll turn the kfhd off now and see if that fixes it .Only thing is I'm not sure I even let the kfhd go to sleep ? One minute I was typing happily but I did this clumsy almost dropping the keyboard off my lap type move but caught the keyboard without actually dropping it.Therefore I was actually under the impression that l'd accidentally pressed a magic keyboard combination for some kind of keyboard output mode , I was just trawling the net to find put what I'd done ! So maybe thats not the case !
simon lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, kindle fire hd