Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #31
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleShooter View Post
I would first like to thank the posters in this forum for helping the people who purchased a Edge and found themselves with no way to register because the enTourage folks took their ball and went away.

I have a blog but don't know if it acceptable to post the blog name here. I don't sell anything on it and I don't do ad's I just ramble on about things geeks need.
I would be interested in your blog.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #32
TAUMULLER
TAUMULLER began at the beginning.

Device: POCKET EDGE
TAUMULLER here no luck.. I think the problem is it wont get past the initializing screen. It never complete the initialization process.. so I never get the welcome screen. I can go to the register screen andit sees my network and updates the time and date. But because it is stuck on initialization it wont register the 4 corner shortcut. I am a complete loss now. have tried numerous resets.. different screens (4 corners).. discharge it all the way down and recharged it .. sleep mode , un sleep mode.. nothing works. Thought maybe update the software.. not sure. And what would I load on it .

I think it is defective.. I never have seen the left screen yet... woot special.. trying to contact them .. no reply. Any suggestions or help would be great. It is to bad because when you read the reviews it gets a good rating... I really like the size.. hope I can get a replacement one.. or get this working.
TAUMULLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #33
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
I would be interested in your blog.
I would, too, UncleShooter, and welcome to the forum! You may not be able to post a link until you have made 10 (I think it is) posts on MobileRead. I will also be interested in what you think of the eDGe once you get to know it.

TAUMULLER, do you mean the e-ink (lefthand side) screen has never displayed anything? If so, I suspect you are right and that you got a defective unit. If they can, Woot will probably exchange it. That is what they have done in the past. I hope you can get a working PE. They are quite enjoyable little companions in my experience!

Last edited by Filark; 09-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #34
Astoria
Astoria began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Thank you Gunner you saved me it worked I am so happy
Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
vinoth
vinoth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello users,
thanks for all your suggestion, i was seriously frustated when it failed to register and then i looked up on internet and found you guys. i am new to android market, i remember my freinds saying that there will be some market like app store where you have to signup and start downloading the app form android market. i have updated the firmware to ermine as you suggested by using the steps that you have provided but after updation, i m not able to play youtube videos itself. it says " failed to get video" when i search for any videos. what is the procedure to download and install any app ... pl help me experts....
vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #36
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
vinoth -- please see the discussion regarding youtube on this recent thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150306

Edited to fix broken link.

Last edited by DianNC; 09-19-2011 at 11:50 PM.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #37
vinoth

thanks DianNC for the quick update. i am new to this technology, can you share me some basic procedure on how to install each apps from android market. i would like to check skype, facebook at top priority.... can u pl help me to install each app in a easier way.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #38
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
You're quite welcome, vinoth, and welcome to the forums, by the way.

I've only had my PE for a few days, so I'm learning here just like everyone else.

Start by reading the 'stickies' in this forum ... a good one on apps and their installation, etc. can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Then, if you have problems with a particular app or anything else concerning the device, please post a new thread and one of our really knowledgeable eDGe owners will be along to make suggestions.

I don't have any personal experience with skype or facebook apps...many here do, though. I've only installed the Amazon app store and a few other apps from links supplied here in the forum (browser, ereader software, etc.).

Enjoy your eDGe!!

Last edited by DianNC; 09-20-2011 at 12:21 AM.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #39
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoth View Post
thanks DianNC for the quick update. i am new to this technology, can you share me some basic procedure on how to install each apps from android market. i would like to check skype, facebook at top priority.... can u pl help me to install each app in a easier way.
Sorry, but unless you have an Android phone you won't be using the android market - it doesn't work on the PE or EE.

All is not lost however, there are sites such as http://www.freewarelovers.com/android and http://www.slideme.org/ as well as several others that have apps available.

The two apps you are looking for are on the freewarelovers site, all you have to do is download them to your PC then either copy them to a USB stick or use the USB cable to transfer them to your PE.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #40
nonnagates
nonnagates began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Hey to everyone from Nonna. I tried to register my new PE today (attached my android phone to it) but it will not get past the time zone. I selected my time zone (CST) but it states:error getting time from network. I then tried other time zones and it still gave me the same error. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much
nonnagates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #41
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnagates View Post
Hey to everyone from Nonna. I tried to register my new PE today (attached my android phone to it) but it will not get past the time zone. I selected my time zone (CST) but it states:error getting time from network. I then tried other time zones and it still gave me the same error. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much
Attached is an Entourage Support Article pertaining to that very error. Here is how to breakout of the Edge Setup Procedure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Setting Time Zone.pdf (57.1 KB, 352 views)
File Type: pdf Register the Pocket Edge.pdf (12.0 KB, 408 views)

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-20-2011 at 01:18 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #42
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Thank you Gunner you saved me it worked I am so happy
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #43
vinoth

hello pocket edge users,
is there any app available thro which i can make video calls like in skype. The skype that is available crash during sign in itself. Share me if there any video chat apps that can be downloadable.
pl send me list of other useful apps that can be downloaded, just bcos i dont have knowledge on what each app is doing i am forced to open each app and check the description .

right now, this is how i am installing app:
1) download the app to desktop. Move it to SD card.
2) open ES file explorer, goto root directory, click on othersdcard , open the app and install it from there.
is there any other way simpler than this?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #44
JDoo
JDoo began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage
Thank you Gunnerp245! Had to register and login to mention it -- but thanks! In particular (and for those who may still be having problems) - the VIDEO link that you posted, did the trick. I had been holding my thumbs concurrently on the four corners. Seeing the pen being used.. pressing each of the corners in succession (not at the same time)... got things working for me.

To anyone else still struggling with the registration process... look for the video post early on in this thread -- it makes things crystal clear.

cheers
JDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #45
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoth View Post
hello pocket edge users,
is there any app available thro which i can make video calls like in skype. The skype that is available crash during sign in itself. Share me if there any video chat apps that can be downloadable.
pl send me list of other useful apps that can be downloaded, just bcos i dont have knowledge on what each app is doing i am forced to open each app and check the description .

right now, this is how i am installing app:
1) download the app to desktop. Move it to SD card.
2) open ES file explorer, goto root directory, click on othersdcard , open the app and install it from there.
is there any other way simpler than this?
First - go to http://www.freewarelovers.com/android and select 'android apps' under browse on the left of the page, you will get a long list of apps and clicking on any one will bring up a description of it.

As for your problems with the skype app you may find an older version on freewarelovers will work but you may find video calling is not working.

If you have a WiFi access point you can use the lan part of ES File Explorer to connect directly to your PC and install apps from there - it downloads and installs them.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote