Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Out of Internet - Out of Touch

Hey Folks!

I thought some of you might be wondering why I'm being so quiet at the moment...

Well, it's because I've got no internet right now (apart from my mobile phone) due to the move I'm in the middle of. My ISP offers a moving-service, but they switched off my connection here and won't switch it on that soon at the new address. The reason I can post right now is because a neighbour of mine got a new router today and allowed me to access his connection through WLAN.

I'll be back in business (if everything works as planned) around the end of July.
This is an...interesting...time for me because I can't even download ebooks or anything...I've already bought one book and I guess I'll add another on...Saturday...^^

So folks, I'll see you all later this month...I hope...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I hope the withdrawal doesn't get too bad...
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I feel for you, CommanderROR, in fact, I'm about to feel the same thing for myself in about 10 days.

Hopefully, mine won't be as protracted as yours seems to be.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I only had to give up the net for about 4 days max. When we moved in January. But if it wasn't for busing so busy, I'd have been on dial-up on the laptop.

CommanderROR, hopefully you'll be able to be back soon enough. But in the mean time, it will give you time to catch up on your reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My wife and I went to a place that is best described as "rustic." The last improvement there I think was indoor plumbing. There was no TV, one daylight only AM station, no cell reception, and the nearest civilization was the ranger station. ("If you need help, shoot a signal flare.")

I know the pain that you folks will be going through although I think it will be worse for you guys than it was for me -- there was no one around me using the Internet.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I actually like that sort of place for vacations, if they can't reach me, they can't ask me to do stuff for them
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Yerterday my service provider went offline for 7 hours. I was kicking everything around. Should have took a soccer ball out, it would have been good shot practice time.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
My wife and I went to a place that is best described as "rustic." The last improvement there I think was indoor plumbing. There was no TV, one daylight only AM station, no cell reception, and the nearest civilization was the ranger station. ("If you need help, shoot a signal flare.")
One hopes the spot gets enough rain that a signal flare doesn't compound the problem
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Maybe now would be a good time to order the BlackMask CD... and have it sent to a helpful neighbor's house, I guess....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Hi guys!

I'm back...internet is working again.
I'm in my new flat (more boxes than furniture right now) and tomorrow is my first day at work.

I'll try to drop you a note when I get home from my first day. Now I'll just have to rest today so I don't look too tired tomorrow...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Welcome back and glad you are sort of sorted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Great to hear from you again!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Well, I did my first work todasy and it went fine. I was rather nervous at first, but that soon went away and I think I did OK. I'll have another rehearsal tonight, and they'll keep me quite busy for now...but I guess I'll be okay. I'll just have to take it easy when I'm off duty so that I can recover some of my still-low energy reserves.

I'll be starting to contribute to mobileread.com in the normal fashion as soon as I'm in the routine.