Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
NeilBryant
NeilBryant began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Sub-Sort doesn't work. 0.7.23 Linux

Sub-sorting doesn't appear to work on my system (or I'm doing something basic wrong). If I click the 'Author(s)' header, then the 'Title' header, my library is sorted only by 'Title'.

I'm running 0.7.23 on Fedora 14-64 (this is the version in the repo). I've tried various things such as ctrl-clicking, etc, just in case I was missing something. Looking through the forums, it looks like a couple of other people have mentioned it not working; but it's not clear if they were just older versions. AFAICT, sub-sorting has been implemented since before 0.7...

Any thoughts on why this might be? I expect I can get around it by sticking in a custom derived column, and just sorting on that... but I'm wondering if I have actually missed something simple.

Alternatively, is there any other way to sort the list, aside from clicking the grid headers?

TIA
NeilBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That sequence would sort by author within title. Since titles are probably not being duplicated then you would end up sorted by title. This is what you say is happening so it seems to be working as expected.

If you want the books to be sorted by title within an author (which makes more sense to me) you should sort on title first, and then on author.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
NeilBryant
NeilBryant began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
And of course, there isn't an emoticon for 'duh!' =]

Thanks; don't know what I was thinking. I must have been blinded by the 'The' and 'A's.
NeilBryant is offline   Reply With Quote