Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
bookwarm
bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Hands on video of Jetbook+

This is a video of jetbook mini and Jetbook+ in CES. I'm liking the Jetbook+ and the price is 149$ and it includes wifi and sensors that will switch portrait to landscape automatically and more.

Source: Armdevices.nethttp://armdevices.net/2011/01/09/jet...d-99-e-reader/

Last edited by bookwarm; 01-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.
bookwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Now if they were to make a Lite+ version with the same format and DRM support as the
current JBL, along with AA battery power (maybe 6ea with WiFi). I fear the loss of .pdb
support soon, but it looks like .epub is on firm grounds.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Did he say $129? I thought he said $149. I hope the + will support more than text and FB formats.

What an annoying interviewer. Just kept on pressing buttons and did not even ask good questions.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
bookwarm
bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Did he say $129? I thought he said $149. I hope the + will support more than text and FB formats.

What an annoying interviewer. Just kept on pressing buttons and did not even ask good questions.
My bad i thought i heard 129 but i checked it again and its propably 149. still a good price, though the Libre Air (which is basically the same hardware) is 129$.
bookwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwarm View Post
My bad i thought i heard 129 but i checked it again and its propably 149. still a good price, though the Libre Air (which is basically the same hardware) is 129$.
I believe the official price for the JBL is still $149.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I believe the official price for the JBL is still $149.
I was thinking yesterday that the jetBook Mini has not been significantly discounted. I was looking at the Ectaco home page where it said that the jetBook Lite is $149 and the Mini is $99.

Yet Newegg sells the JBL for $84, while the Mini has been reduced only to $89, I think.

I still have grave doubts about the Mini's future in the US so long as it does not natively read ePub. However, if the Mini were discounted like the JBL is discounted, they might sell a few nevertheless.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
And who wouldn't consider adding a Mini to their readers with that great battery life.....if only they had epub. All those colors and no where to go, so sad.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
So when are we going to find out a bit more about the Jetbook+?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
It looks like it is a rechargeable battery unit, with WiFi, MP3, and support for 15 formats and DRM, and an optical sensor for navigation. It measures 4.13”x6.09”x0.5". The catalog says something about "learning features", tentatively due in February.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote