Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #31
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I am really thinking about selling my 300, the eInk technology is not for me. I am somewhat visually impaired, and I struggle with lighting issues.....
I've been having the same experience with eInk . I really liked it at first but I find that I needed more and more light on the screen to read comfortably.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
It is okay that you think I have a "narrow little mind"-- people who think it is perfectly swell to use a product that exercises such draconian control over what software you can buy, where you can buy it, and how you can use it have no mind at all.
Great post! I could not have proved my point better! Thanks!!!

For example... On my iPhone I read and edit MS Office documents, listen to MP3's I bought at Amazon and sync my email, contacts, notes....etc with MS office, read books from B&N, Amazon and Kobo,.....etc.... Yeah.... Apple controls! ....lol

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 03-13-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
So where would you have the mods. move it to? And anyway, I think it's more of a 'commentary', no?

@Lee; can't fault your logic; nicely written and well wrought.
How about the Apple Devices forum:

Quote:
Apple Devices (20 Viewing)
All things iPad, iPhone, iPod, and other e-book capable Apple devices
Sorry for being so Anal. I'm looking forward to the flood of posts in the News and Commentary forum in April of "The Ipad rocks!".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #34
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Honestly folks.... look at the threads right now on this "news and commentary" forum... Notice how many are about individual readers? Onyx, Edge, Pocketbook, Sony...etc..... all of which have their own forums. but one thread about the iPad an people want it moved.....

I just find it odd...........
Old 03-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Honestly folks.... look at the threads right now on this "news and commentary" forum... Notice how many are about individual readers? Onyx, Edge, Pocketbook, Sony...etc..... all of which have their own forums. but one thread about the iPad an people want it moved.....

Agreed! I have no problem with it being here or there.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #36
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:

No, actually. The Onyx (and Neo), Edge, and some others do not have their own forums. You are right on the Pocketbook though.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #37
Bremen Cole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
No, actually. The Onyx (and Neo), Edge, and some others do not have their own forums. You are right on the Pocketbook though.
Well actually Sony, who I also mentioned has two forums.... and the etc .... was pointing to the fact there are many others. As far as Onyx and Neo and Edge.... those should be in the "Other devices" forum, which is where I started a thread on the MS Courier simply because....well....it was an other device. The point is very few actually pay attention to the forum titles, and posting something about the iPad is no different than the many postings of other products in the News and Commentary forum. It does not bother me at all, except that to single out one brand to strictly enforce the rules....is at least worth questioning.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Well actually Sony, who I also mentioned has two forums.... and the etc .... was pointing to the fact there are many others. As far as Onyx and Neo and Edge.... those should be in the "Other devices" forum, which is where I started a thread on the MS Courier simply because....well....it was an other device. The point is very few actually pay attention to the forum titles, and posting something about the iPad is no different than the many postings of other products in the News and Commentary forum. It does not bother me at all, except that to single out one brand to strictly enforce the rules....is at least worth questioning.
I found it odd that it was contemporaneous with an active thread in the same forum about the very same topic. The user's post is merely a response to that other thread (which, I'll repeat, wasn't dormant at all but was near the top of the first page), but apparently he or she felt their opinions for justification were important enough to generate a new thread about.

Hardly a crime, as it's pretty common in these fora. Won't excuse it from a little mockery though, as it certainly appears very self-important. That's supposed to be my role (and Ahi's).
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #39
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Well yeah this post pretty accurately sums up my opions too.

I have a laptop, I don't want a 12" netbook which has the same interface, but runs slower than my super fast MBP. I want a device that is lightweight, touchscreen and does basic internet things simply. A tablet is the perfect device for sitting on the couch, in the car, sharing photos with family and 50 other things.

Now... when you talk tablets, the specs of the iPad ARE ahead of other tablets, the battery life the aesthetics (it's not a brick). I'm not talking netbooks, as I said I already have a laptop.

iPad is ahead of the competition and as with iPhone, the 'iPad killers' will be a year or two behind and forced to emulate what Apple has done.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #40
tmarks11
tmarks11 began at the beginning.

Device: Everun
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
Actually, a netbook in a table/slate format is exactly
what I am waiting for. Windows 7 is a must...
All of that has been available for quite a while in a decent form factor:

Viliv S-5 (5" tablet, 6 hr battery). Atom 1.3 CPU.
Viliv X70EX (7" tablet, 5-6 hr battery). Very nice. Atom 1.3 CPU.

Coming very soon:
Hanvon touchpad BC10c (10" capactive multi-touch screen). ULV 1.3 CPU. 3.5 hr battery.
http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2010/0...et-review.html

Hanvon is also coming out with a Atom CPU version. Maybe better battery life.

I believe the impending IPad release is great; it will foster a lot of competition into the tablet business, which will foster innovation, pull in the sales, bring the prices down. I think the UMPC hardware has finally reached the point where it is a viable form factor, but the high prices have kept them from being adopted by the mainstream user.

I would buy an IPad, but I think the size of the tablet will make it awkward. If they released a 7" version, I would add my name to the pre-order list. I am betting that Dell will release a 7" slate before Apple does.
tmarks11 is offline   Reply With Quote