Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Jaie
Connoisseur
Jaie began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook, Aspire One Netbook (UMPC)
FB2 Issue

I have a Jetbook, and normally, FB2 titles work great, but I downloaded a bunch at manybooks and when I have the card in there, or even on the device itself, the titles are missing. Is there a way I can fix this?
Jaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The title is probably being taken from the FB2 metadata. See wiki: FB2 for more information about FB2. The only tool I have used to produce FB2 is Book Designer, but it isn't obvious to me how to change the title in BD.

Since FB2 is just XML (Eng:FictionBook description), all you may need to do is open the .fb2 file using a plain text editor and add:
Code:
<book-title>Title Here</book-title>
to the <title-info> section (or add a <title-info> section if there is none).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Jaie
Connoisseur
Jaie began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook, Aspire One Netbook (UMPC)
Urgh. Yeah, that makes total sense now. You'd think the FB2 would automatically have that though. *sigh* I knew I needed to hunt down an editor for it. Thanks, I wondered if it was something like that.
Jaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
FictionBook Tools (includes FictionBook Editor)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The title is probably being taken from the FB2 metadata. See wiki: FB2 for more information about FB2. The only tool I have used to produce FB2 is Book Designer, but it isn't obvious to me how to change the title in BD.
Book Designer will set the Title (and Author) for the book in FB2 Metadata (I've done about a hundred) Just put the author at the top and use Format/ Book Author, then the book title and use Format/Book Title. This assumes you are using BD5 (i.e. BD4 with all the updates), not sure about the un-updated version.

So open your existing FB2 file, add the above and then re-save.

Once done the title (and author) shows up in the Bookshelf (at least it does on my BeBook)

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 04-26-2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: EDIT : Quoted wrong poster for reply
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote