Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #16
poxi1023
poxi1023 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
When opening Writer, you should find a new Toolbar with 3 icons. The one on the right, named Export to eReader, calls the macro you are looking for. You will find the same 3 icons as submenu under Tools - Add-Ons - odt2pml.

On the wizard's first page you will find some help buttons explaining odt2pml usage, direct calling of DropBook, etc.

My idea when programming odt2pml was to make it as WYSIWYG as possible: What you see in OpenOffice Writer is what you get on your Palm (mostly, within PML limitations). That is why I don't use \x. If you want a page break before each chapter, just put it in your Header 1 (or 2, etc.) style in OOo. You will notice that it gets "translated" to \p before \X1 (or \X2, etc.). In the same way, if you want your chapter heading e. g. bold and centered, put bold and centered in your OOo chapter Header style.

Last edited by poxi1023; 09-14-2008 at 10:39 PM.
poxi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #17
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All right. I can't help thinking that's kind of silly, but then, I've done most of my PML markup up to this point by hand in emacs using search-and-replaces, and I prefer stuff to be as simple as possible. I can just search-and-replace X1 with x after I finish, I guess.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #18
poxi1023
poxi1023 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Arrow

New version just published

Version 4.0.0 comes with many new features: Extension help integrated into the OpenOffice.org help system. Added "Extract image" macro, configuration, extended footnote formatting, support for Polish characters and translations for ASCII Formatter.

Thanks for all feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests, etc.! Rup.Xamqon will continue with odt2pml.

Last edited by poxi1023; 10-20-2008 at 09:27 AM.
poxi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #19
Rup.Xamqon
Rup.Xamqon began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Hi, everybody!
I took over odt2pml from poxi1023.

Please notice that due to many major changes, the new version we published does not update automatically. You should uninstall manually any previous odt2pml version in your OpenOffice, and then install the new version 4.0.0.

Any feedback is always welcome!
Rup.Xamqon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 PM   #20
Rup.Xamqon

Smile

New version published

odt2pml 4.1.0, with many new features: Improved Picture Converter and Extension Help (integrated into OpenOffice.org Help), added many PML features (sidebars, invisible chapter marks, horizontal rulers, flexible spacing, etc.) Almost all eReader formatting options are now handled by odt2pml. Dialogs and Help available in 5 languages: de, en, es, fr, it.

for all feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests, etc.!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #21
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I've installed OpenOffice and I see the toolbar in a "new document" but not in one that I open. Also, when I go to Tools, I don't see any option for "add-on". Finally, when I do click on a toolbar item in a new document, I get an error message:

A scripting Framework error occurred while running the Basic script vnd.sun.star.scriptdt2html.ExtractG.subExtractWi zard?language=Basic&location=application.

library: 'odt2html'
module: ExtractG'
method:SubExtractWizard'
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #22
Rup.Xamqon

That seems to be a OpenOffice bug, I noticed it some time ago. After installing a new extension (sometimes even an upgrade), you have to shut down OpenOffice completely, including the Quickstarter. After loading OOo again, everything should work correctly.
Cfr.: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=95779
Old 12-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Thanks. That took away the error message. Any explanation for why, when I open a new document (like an html file), I don't have the "add on" option?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #24
Rup.Xamqon

Cfr. odt2pml help, "HTML files":

If you want to use a HTML file with odt2pml, you must open it with the OOo filter "HTML Document (OpenOffice.org Writer)".
To access this command: Choose File – Open... – File type and select: HTML Document (OpenOffice.org Writer).
Normally it would be opened as "Web page" in Writer/Web, where odt2pml doesn't work.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #25
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any chance that odt2pml could have a function added that would take the ' and " quotation marks and replace them with ‘ and ’ and “ and ” in the right places?

This would probably be harder for single quotes (given their use as apostrophes and at the start of truncated words like 'round and 'til) but I'd think it should still be possible at least to some extent.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #26
Rup.Xamqon

I think it might be possible to program what you asked for - but it is really not that easy, specially with different languages having different kinds of quotation marks (“Spanish”, „German“, « French », etc...)

Anyway, it is not needed, because this function is already included in OpenOffice Writer:

1. In Tools - AutoCorrect edit the tab Custom Quotes to your liking.

2. In Format - Autoformat click Apply. That will change all single and double quotation marks to the ones you defined in the first step - but only in paragraphs formatted with the Default paragraph style.

odt2pml will translate each formatted quotation mark to the corresponding PML tag.

Last edited by Rup.Xamqon; 12-24-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Different languages
Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #27
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

All right, I tried that. And it did change the quotation marks beautifully.

However, it also reformatted everything in the document to "Default", including the headers which I would have liked to keep in place for the macro to make chapter titles out of.

Any way around that?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #28
Rup.Xamqon

That is strange. It does not happen in my text (OOo 3 with Kubuntu Intrepid). It leaves all formatting (direct and styles) in place.

Are your chapter titles formatted with some "Heading" style?
Are you using OOo 3? What OS?
You might check Tools - AutoCorrect - Options tab, and change some settings there.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #29
Gypsy Jane
Gypsy Jane began at the beginning.

Device: palm treo
Aha, so that's what it is!

I came to the forum to post that exact error message. So nice to see the answer here already. I had reinstalled the extension and it still hadn't found it. Works great, now. Thanks.
- Gypsy Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rup.Xamqon View Post
That seems to be a OpenOffice bug, I noticed it some time ago. After installing a new extension (sometimes even an upgrade), you have to shut down OpenOffice completely, including the Quickstarter. After loading OOo again, everything should work correctly.
Cfr.: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=95779
Gypsy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
Rup.Xamqon

New version published

odt2pml 4.2.1

Completely new Text Converter: Enhanced AutoCorrect, uppercase words to italic, _xxx_ to italic, first words in chapter to uppercase... New ConfigManager. More info (how many converted, time...).

After re-reading Robotech_Master's request, I noticed I had overlooked "X0" (first heading, no indent). It's added now!

for all feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests, etc.!

Tags
ereader openoffice.org