Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
The Next Big Question for Those Awaiting K2

Since I think now the majority of us, at least with express delivery, have had our cards charged and status changed on Amazon to "shipping soon", the next question is:

Has your serial number been assigned yet?

I'm still waiting for mine. What about you all?
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Dont know : ( Mine is being sent as a really late christmas gift.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Since I think now the majority of us, at least with express delivery, have had our cards charged and status changed on Amazon to "shipping soon", the next question is:

Has your serial number been assigned yet?

I'm still waiting for mine. What about you all?
Yes, Nope

Shipped 2/22/09
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No serial number yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The one being sent to my mother has shipped and has a serial number. Looks like the KindlePID and KindleFIX scripts will still work because the SN is the same type as Kindle 1. Yay!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The one being sent to my mother has shipped and has a serial number. Looks like the KindlePID and KindleFIX scripts will still work because the SN is the same type as Kindle 1. Yay!
Out of curiosity, was her order one of the backordered K1s?

That's great news on the formatting! And yup, that's why I'm anxious to get the S/N so that I can run the scripts and input them at my local library for my first reading material.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Out of curiosity, was her order one of the backordered K1s?

And yup, that's why I'm anxious to get the S/N so that I can run the scripts and input them at my local library for my first reading material!
No. I'm a K1 owner and originally ordered K2 for her on Feb 9. I canceled and re-ordered it yesterday so that I could have it sent directly to her instead of to me.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
No. I'm a K1 owner and originally ordered K2 for her on Feb 9. I canceled and re-ordered it yesterday so that I could have it sent directly to her instead of to me.
Do you have to cancel an order to change the ship-to address?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Do you have to cancel an order to change the ship-to address?

BOb
In this case, yes. I ordered 2 and they were both being sent to me. I couldn't split them without canceling and re-ordering (this per a phone call to CS). I'm in CA and my mother is in TX. I was going to receive hers and load it up with books then send it to her but I decided I wanted her to be able to do it, even if I have to talk her through it over the phone.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
In this case, yes. I ordered 2 and they were both being sent to me. I couldn't split them without canceling and re-ordering (this per a phone call to CS).
Ah... ok... that makes sense.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
frecklpwr
frecklpwr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yep! I just got an email saying that it is shipping today from KY to CA. Kind of a long journey, but I'll have fun tracking its journey. The serial number is now listed on my manage my kindle page. Whoo hoo!
frecklpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
Mintaka
Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.

Device: K2, K3 3G+WiFi, Nexus One (2.2)
Mine still says "serial number: Unknown"
Mintaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #13
Keeyum
Keeyum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine shipped!!! According to the manage my kindle page I have a serial number!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!
Keeyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
BurBunny
Zealot

Finally, mine has shipped as well and the S/N is on the manage page.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #15
chanze
Nameless Being

Shipped and serial number showing.