Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
zakman
Enthusiast
zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019
Collections created in Calibre not showing up on Paperwhite

Hi all,

I am having problems getting collections created in Calibre to show up on my Kindle Paperwhite (2015 version). I am running Calibre v2.49, and have Kindle Collections v1.7.15 installed.

I have added all my books to collections in Calibre, transferred a bunch of them to my Kindle, and then gone through the steps with the plugin to identify the collections and transfer them to my Kindle. The output afterwards seems to suggest that the collections have been created successfully, yet when I unplug my Kindle and take a look at it, the books are just sitting there in the list - no collections have been created.

I've tried restarting, de-registering, and even wiping the Kindle and starting from scratch - no luck. I'm not sure where to go from here - any suggestions?

Thanks!
zakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can't create collection on your PW3. The PW3 does not support software controlled collections unless you have jailbroken your Kindle.

The Kindle Collections plugin can be removed as it won't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
zakman
Enthusiast
zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019
Well, hell. So much for that. Thanks.
zakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:42 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman View Post
Well, hell. So much for that. Thanks.
If Calibre controlled collections are really important, you could always buy a Reader that has software controllable collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kindle, paperwhite