Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudentius View Post
I ordered one from the same seller as op, but it was for the K4NT. I love the cover. The hardcase gives it a bit more protection. It does appear to be leather with a nice, dense felt liner. The one weird thing about the seller though, is I received an email requesting 5 stars for shipping.
Do you mean this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Slim-C...item3a79ac06b5

It seems to be fairly similar to the PW one.. with a bit of luck then it should be pretty good as well

And I have seen the request for 5 star ratings as well from different sellers. And I don't mind that (as long as the rating is justified, obviously).. the ratings are very important on ebay.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #17
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^same seller. I also received an email asking for a 5 star rating, which they'll get if the cases are good, of course. It worries me that they cited the delivery time to up to 40 days, though. Not at all what it said on Ebay, so I am hoping for the best. I need them by 12/11.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That'd be 12 working days.. on ebay it gives an estimation of 8-19 working days for delivery to the US, so you'll need a bit of luck. It's really out of the hands of the seller if you opt for cheap shipping. Especially from China it varies a lot in my experience.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went by the delivery estimate quoted! Which was 12/10 when I made the purchase.

Last edited by xendula; 11-27-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I don't know... even by my loose copyright-patent abiding standards, that looks too much like intellectual-property theft.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I don't know... even by my loose copyright-patent abiding standards, that looks too much like intellectual-property theft.
Was wondering about that myself. It looks exactly like the official amazon cover for the touch. Even the Kindle writing inside the felt flap is in same spot.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #22
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
This Poetic Slimbook Case (with Auto Sleep/Wake Function) is $1.95 (Amazon)
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
This case is much more attractive.

I'd get it, if I didn't already have the $40 Amazon case.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
This case is much more attractive.

I'd get it, if I didn't already have the $40 Amazon case.
Not for me, it's far too bulky, I like the slim fit hard shell cases.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
xendula
eBookworm

I also prefer a really slim design, and no corners or leather frame on the front of the device. Right now I have the official case and love the tiny footprint.
I also liked the more exciting colors the Ebay seller offers compared to the official PW covers.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #26
fauxpas
Connoisseur

Yup, this was the first unofficial cover where I really liked the design.. DHL has also started tracking my shipment now and of course it's still in China, probably waiting to be cleared in customs or whatever. Also got an email from amazon.de today that my Paperwhite will arrive on December the 1st instead of the 10th
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #27
xendula
eBookworm

Here is another slim one. Not sure how I feel about the tab thingie being on the right side of the case. I feel that it would get in the way of reading.

It's bonded leather (90% leather), location in the US and only $15.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Here is another slim one. Not sure how I feel about the tab thingie being on the right side of the case. I feel that it would get in the way of reading.

It's bonded leather (90% leather), location in the US and only $15.
I actually like that clasp - can't see how it would get in the way reading even when reading one-handed with right hand. The way I hold my readers, it would make a nice rest between thumb and index finger, not having to grab so hard. I also like the other style sleeve case from same seller - if one wants the color on inside. Good price too

p.s.: I just noticed in one picture of the sleeve cover - it got a stylus tucked in inside the clasp - that is nice if you use a stylus. If you don't use one, you never know there is a stylus "missing".

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 11-29-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added information
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
xendula
eBookworm

^I was thinking because it is bent towards the screen, so you have to push it out of the way. If you bend it behind the screen, it may not stay put.
I sure like that there are alternatives now, though I am still looking for a white slim one or my sis. I ordered her the red one from the original link I posted, but she is likely going to hate it, because she really really has her heart set on a white one.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
DuckieTigger
Wizard

xendula, maybe not a case, but who knows if vinyl skins show up to make at least the PW front white?