Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Loggers get your tree, Tube?

I'm trying to picture that dresser up in a tree. Balance would be the key.
Nope; still there and the key is:

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #47
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Nope; still there and the key is:
Oooh, fancy. They don't call you Metro Monkey for nothing.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I live in one of the areas where the Amazon service is available; I have at least three 7-Elevens in walking distance.

But none of the three is a pickup point.
Leave the cat at home. Show more leg. Someone will pick you up.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Update: Amazon Lockers coming to Staples

Quote:
Amazon’s delivery lockers have been sprouting up everywhere since they first arrived in late last year, appearing in several cities in the US and UK. The world’s largest retailer’s newest partner is Staples, whose office supply stores are the latest to house the lockers, reports Reuters. Amazon Lockers function as single-use post office boxes, allowing online shoppers to pick up their packages at a time that’s convenient for them, without having to schedule deliveries. Amazon has already partnered with a number of brick-and-mortar stores in the US and UK to house the lockers, including 7-Eleven, Rite-Aid, Safeway, and Walgreen’s. We're sure that whatever Amazon is paying makes the deal worthwhile for Staples, but having such a close competitor effectively setting up shop in your stores has to make the relationship a little awkward.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #50
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

radioshack and Albertsons

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/radioshack-amazon-lockers/

Quote:
A search for Amazon Lockers in San Francisco and surrounding cities reveals more than a dozen RadioShack locations with Amazon Lockers available for receiving deliveries for Amazon customers.

Update: Looks like grocery chain Albertsons is on board, as well. A search for Amazon Lockers in Southern California shows a new location at an Albertsons in Marina Del Rey, Calif.
Maybe Wal-Mart and Target next? since they ban kindles, maybe you can order it from Amazon, ship it to Wal-Mart or Target Amazon locker and pick them up there.

lol...
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Here in the UK, petrol (gas) stations are popular Amazon collection points. Lots of them available.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #52
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Am I missing something. Why not have the Kindle or whatever delivered to your door? Or a UPS package store? Or a number of other type places where packages are shipped.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Am I missing something. Why not have the Kindle or whatever delivered to your door? Or a UPS package store? Or a number of other type places where packages are shipped.
In my case, it's because I'm out at work all day, and it's a lot more convenient for me to pick up a package after work from a shop or a petrol station, than to arrange re-delivery for a time that I'll be at home.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #54
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
The nearest one here is open for normal business hours, and has multiple lanes for dealing with the public, but they're still 15+ miles away, and their customer service is about as bad it could possibly be short of actually beating customers with sticks. And I expect it's one of the best and most efficient of all their pickup centers. So far as I'm concerned, the proper pronunciation for "UPS" is the same as for "oops." I may be a tad cynical.
Same here. UPS usually leaves stuff (it is pretty safe where I live-my neighbors are nosey), but the few times I had to pick something up it was creepy. One time I arrived just as a bunch of drivers returned. They had to go through metal detectors and had everything searched.

But I can definately see the usefulness of this, if I still (will) lived in the City. And I wouldn't leave the 7-11 without a Diet Coke, at the least.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #55
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As someone who used to work, I can confirm that stuff will occasionally be stolen from a porch.

As someone who no longer works, I could confirm this if I weren't availing myself of my Fifth Amendment right.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #56
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Theft in the first place and you have to pay for a box in the others. AmazonLocal gives everyone in that city/'burb a free secure delivery box (although one that only works with Amazon's deliveries).

Not to mention the drive. UPS is only 15 or so miles from here (not interstate), Fedex another 12 or so. If you had to drive to the airport, it's easily an hour drive (and most people don't know where it is, on the backside of the airport property, down an odd access road).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote