Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Goodspeed
Goodspeed began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE DX
Lightbulb How register your Kindle without whispernet access! and use Collection Feature

Reason that is because my kindle dx not registered. Because there is no way to wireless connected to the amazon site. Anyway, I was not connected until now. I do not know with usbnetwork, modify gateway and proxy server, connect to the Internet through the internet after sharing can register soon as there is to know, please tell. Anyway, I did not succeed.
Because I do not know the IP is the Internet in yours mainland. Who is the United States because of what amazon. Bai bully people, we all spent the money, why not let beautiful will our use? Amazon a contempt.
However, there are ways to cheat online, or make it look kindle dx that have already registered, you can use colletcion function, although some difficulty, but still do.
To complete the fake registration, must be introduced to complete the upgrade, the installation usbnetwork package. Although the upgrade and finished with nothing to do with, but this is still very useful, it does not, so soon we should use it.
1. First written reginfo, the following paste in Notepad, and then use utf-8 encoding, save for the reginfo without extension, on the kindle of usbnet directory (actually there are not big on the issue,as long as copy on the line) and download usbnetwork25-0.11.tar.gz if you want kindle-2.5-screensaver-hack-0.4.zip too, but is a option to you

=======================
<? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<response>
<user_device_name>kindledx</user_device_name>
<global_device_name>kindledx @ kindle.com </global_device_name>
<given_name>kindledx </given_name>
<name>kindledx </name>
<alias>kindledx </alias>
</ Response>

=======================Sample=================
<? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<response>
<user_device_name> My kindle </user_device_name>
<global_device_name> jon@gmail.com </global_device_name>
<given_name> kindledx </ given_name>
<name>Jon’s kindle</ name>
<alias>jon@kindle.com</ alias>
</response>
=======================

Notes: <user_device_name> device name, <global_device_name> your user name registered on amazon @
kindle.com, if you manage your kindle so. If not, get one it wants to own.
This file is used to fool the kindle it believe that we have registered. This collection can be used.
2. Open usbnetwork then telnet connection to the kindle.
USBnetwork open way, kindle the input ;debugOn and 'usbNetwork. Then use the USB cable will kindle dx connected to your computer, then run on the computer is no longer a kindle dx U disk, but a device has.
The computer reportedly found equipment, install the driver. Go Here to download the driver:
http://www.davehylands.com/linux/gum...bnet/linux.inf , which is 32-bit drivers, I use xp and win7 success under.
In the network - properties to find the network, configure the IP address in the properties to
192.168.2.1, mask 255.255.255.0, gateway not equipped. Then, you can start - Run, type cmd, enter, open a command window. Enter telnet 192.168.2.2. On the log on the kindle dx. At this time we are usually treated as U disk kindle dx directory in /mnt/us/under. Of course, said earlier usbnet catalog are
here.
3. mntroot rw
This command is used to kindle the root mount as read-write
4. Cp /mnt/us/usbnet/reginfo /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
If you are directly above written by me to do, then you can directly copy the command to execute, the command to copy us on the kindle, usbnet directory reginfo files to /var/local/java/prefs/
5. Modify browser_prefs should first back up what the former can copy it to /mnt/us/usbnet directory.
cp /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs /mnt/us/usbnet/browser_prefs U disc, and then after doing a computer backup copy. Modify /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs, this file the following line,
mark off
settings.proxy.hostname = fints-g7g.amazon.com
Command as follows:
vi /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs
Opens, browse the file until you find the line, press i to enter edit mode. (Changingtheir best to back up what files have problems, you can copy back.
cp /opt/amazon /ebook/config/browser_prefs /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs.bak
Hit settings.proxy.hostname = fints-g7g.amazon.com
To #settings.proxy.hostname = fints-g7g.amazon.com (that is preceded by a #)
6. Changing for the better, press the esc key to exit edit mode. Enter: wq! or x! (save and exit)
7. Enter reboot, restart kindle, press menu-> settings, will find kindle registered
8. In the home-menu appears in the menu Create New Collection Finally able to function with the Collection, and now you can create your own collection of essays was. However, only in this menu is said to create, can not be directly created as a U disc directly. kindle The collection is just a logo, not the actual moving files, and I look for a moment did not find this logo in mind where, in the u disk to find a bit is not found, it was found that could be informed about. On the collection of operations for the first time can be created directly in the collection were added option, you can enter the collection in the future, menu management options can have a. With "Add/Remove Items, Rename Collection, Delete Collection three management options. (Excluding some of the other before). When the cursor when in a collection, with five keys, right-click, in addition to these three things, and more an Open Collection option (access has been opened after this collection, of course, no longer open).
If you for some reason, the use usbnetwork connected to the computer, there do not
want to restart kindle dx, want it as a U disk. Telnet 192.168.2.2 in front, the direct input rmmod g_ether & & modprobe g_file_storage, U disk directly back into the state.
Sometimes this command is very useful. Such as what you set system parameters, if the restart will be lost, so that you can not restart a direct copy of the document.
Was asked what role the command is, in fact, inform the linux operating system, uninstall g_ether module (network module) and load g_file_storage module (usb memory module), because the linux kernel is modular, you can do so. Concrete can look at the linux books or online check rmmod command to understand this, we can use lsmod to check out what module is loaded.
Here only because after the upgrade to 2.5 use the collection function, so tell about your registration.
Now enjoy !!

thanks
Brazil will win the WolrdCup!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooLLLLLLLLLLLL.. ............

Last edited by Goodspeed; 06-18-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Goodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
cool thx
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
Goodspeed
Goodspeed began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE DX
Welcome!!
Goodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
mustang7071
mustang7071 began at the beginning.

Device: none
U007 manual update failed

Hi, I am trying this method out to get reginfo on the device.

When I used the K2 update bin I got, update failed U007.

Any suggestions?
mustang7071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang7071 View Post
Hi, I am trying this method out to get reginfo on the device.

When I used the K2 update bin I got, update failed U007.

Any suggestions?
You need to install the jailbreak (it will fail, but still get the certificate onto the kindle). The U007 error is for a bad signature on the update bin.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
palamike
palamike began at the beginning.

after you do a fake registeration. Can you connected to wireless ?

I would like to know because i want to buy some second handed one but it have a same problem.
palamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Thank you, but still not working with me.

I used Jailbraik form: kindle-2.5-jailbreak-0.1.N.zip
Then I installed usbNetwork hack from: kindle-2.5-usbnetwork-0.11.N.zip

I tried these blog posts also:
http://blog.fsck.com/2009/03/tethering-your-kindle.html
http://jyavariousideas.blogspot.com/...tethering.html
http://jyavariousideas.blogspot.com/...ng-part-2.html

But always I got time out when I ping to 192.168.2.2
Code:
Pinging 192.168.2.2 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Can you explain what I must do and I didn't ?

Last edited by meem; 08-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
palamike
palamike began at the beginning.

It work!

Hacks work for me but not thing to do with wireless. Wireless still not connect.

You need to call to amazon to fix the wireless problem anyway and they will try to fix for you.

I'm very impress for their service but sometimes you need to be patient.
First operator will not know much thing until they transfer the line to kindle tech departments.

I've told the serial number of my kindle to them and then they fixed for me and work with in 15 minutes. so i try to roll back my kindle to the non-hacks state and do a real register again. it work !

Notes : you need to have the amazon order number. it will be fast.
palamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:11 AM   #9
meem
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspeed View Post
2. Open usbnetwork then telnet connection to the kindle.
USBnetwork open way, kindle the input ;debugOn and 'usbNetwork.....
I don't understand what do you mean by "Open usbnetwork",is it just pluging the USB cable with computer or something else ?

And what the difference between "`usbQa" and "`usbNetwork" commands ?

Last edited by meem; 08-05-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
wingswing
wingswing began at the beginning.

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this..
Can this be used for kindle 3? I will try this..hope that it works..
wingswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
wingswing

Help...
At step 5,,,I can't find /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs ..
The sturcture for kindle 3 and kindle 2 is different...
does anyone have some suggestions?
Thank you all the same!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #12
wingswing

I feel very sorry ... only the four steps are needed for the new kindle 3. I guess my first try failed because of the wrong reginfo file format...

Thank you very much! Best wishes to you.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
stanley_lulu
stanley_lulu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I want to know if these can be used in kindle 3
stanley_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #14
wingswing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_lulu View Post
I want to know if these can be used in kindle 3
Yes, it works for kindle 3 too.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
meem

I think Kindle 3 has a WiFi, So why anybody need another way to register it ?
It's for one time only.