Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #286
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
A bug? If you can add a book and attach here the log, I can try to check it. Anyway, later this day (or tomorrow), I'll try to see if there is a fixed list of extensions (I remember something about that, I think).
I just added an epub, mobi and an avi to my Test library and I didn't get a file_date for any of them. But it must have worked in the past, because I have books in that library with non-empty file_path and file_date columns.

There is a list of extensions in line 56 of __init__.py,

Code:
dict_fmt = {'azw3':'azw','mobi':'azw','cbz':'zip','cbr':'rar', 'zip':'htm'}
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #287
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
epub works, because it has worked for me this morning, and azw too.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 02:31 AM   #288
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are some screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	add books.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	168286

Name:	files  added.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	168281 Click image for larger version

Name:	getfilename_config.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	168282

Name:	camefrom column.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	168283 Click image for larger version

Name:	file date column.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	168284

Name:	library list.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	168285

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-11-2018 at 02:41 AM. Reason: add first screenshot
Old 12-11-2018, 03:21 AM   #289
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, reading it right now, I see the problem is the date, that I don't use. I'll try to make some tests, for checking what's happening.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #290
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I am working on it too. I have always used the same date format - dd MMM yyyy and have had no problems. Especially since all my files are set to show that as the date format on my file manager program.

I just now noticed that libraries that I have either reset or had to set the plugin configurations stop importing .mobi dates. Only a few libraries need it, so I didn't notice it until recently.

I'll PM you bug reports, etc. in a bit.

OK, I don't know what happened, but the new library I created is accepting all the files. Of course it happens now that I am trying to show the problem.

Hopefully it will keep up

Last edited by Rellwood; 12-11-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #291
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Rellwood, that's a well-known demo-effect , I'll try to check (yesterday, a favorite author of me published a book and.... )
Old 12-12-2018, 01:44 AM   #292
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@TdeM - following on from Rellwood's post.

In a fresh install of Portable I :
  • added my file_path and file_date columns, did a restart;
  • installed GFN and did a restart.
  • configured GFN to use the file_path and file_date columns
  • added the EPUB, MOBI and AVI books - no file paths or dates
So, I deleted the EPUB, MOBI and AVI books, did a restart, added the 3 books - voila file paths and dates were there.

After some more tests I've concluded this: if you change GFN Configuration you need to do a restart. I have a vague feeling I might have discovered this before, mid-term memory decay is setting in. Is it possible to force/suggest a restart when Configuration is changed.

Yesterday I had to set the Date Column in Configure to do the test, but I didn't do a restart before I added the books -- hence the missing file_dates. If I add a book to my Test library today the dates are there.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-12-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 AM   #293
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I think the issue about restart is something we have already talked about... that there was no way to read the configuration again or such... But now that you mention it, I think it's something already happening before.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:10 AM   #294
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Hi, yes, the configuration needed a restart till I attached some beta... and I forgot to add it to the repository... There is a long discussion about it in the previous pages. @Rellwood, I think that the problem can be which @BetterRed has mentioned.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #295
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@TdeM - just wanted to let you know I repeated my test of yesterday with the new version, without doing a post configuration restart - A-OK

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-12-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #296
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you @BetterRed, I have only need a year to update the plugin with the beta
Old 12-28-2018, 10:25 PM   #297
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi there,

I don't know what the heck happened, but the one test library I did stopped working, and every other library stopped working. I haven't been able to get the dates for .mobi files since before December.
Unless the library has already been set, and I haven't changed the settings it works. However if I change a column (from Date added to original date added) then the Mobi stops working. All the other formats work, and I never had a problem with the file names.

I have even reinstalled old Calibre libraries, but they too won't show the dates if they are changed.

I have installed, removed, and reinstalled the plugin (both versions) and still nothing. I can't create new libraries and whatever old ones that did work have stopped. It seems that it is just the .mobi files giving me a headache, and the names all show it's just the dates for the .mobi

Any suggestions?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #298
mobidummy
mobidummy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Dont write File/folder Metadata to eBook

Hi ...

Im using GetFIleName to trak the sourecfilename and folder if things went wrong and i mess somthing up.

The pugin works fine and i have no issues with it.

But if i Export the books or use "Polish book" the Filename and Folder metadata are written into the book.

I only want to keep them in the database but not in the books.

I lokked up the plugboard to exclude the data, but i have no clue how i can manage this.

There is no destination to select for the custom fields ... or am i completly on the wrong track ?

I know its not the fault of the Plugin, but maybe somebody can give me some hints, and maybe its helpfull to somebody else.

Thanks
mobidummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #299
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidummy View Post
I know its not the fault of the Plugin, but maybe somebody can give me some hints, and maybe its helpfull to somebody else.
As the final steps in 'creating an EPUB' I do the following:
  • use Modify to
    • strip the embedded metadata back to dc:elements;
    • create a custom 'metadata jacket';
    • remove the cover page.
  • use Sigil to
    • remove subjects, description, identifiers. and contributors, which leaves title, creator (aut), publisher, date and language.
    • move the 'metadata jacket' to the back of the book.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:45 AM   #300
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Terisa de Morgan Hi there, found an obscure problem with GFN

See this thread ==>> Libraries starting with Non-Latin Characters

Let me know if you can't follow and I'll post some screen shots here.

BR

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin