Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #61
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Generic Python Temporary Files Directory Search List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsoo7 View Post
The portableappz.blogspot version works fine it launches with LC running fine with all other plugins. The other one simply don't show LC ONLY.... other plugins works fine.

not working for me: has change environment variable in user and added portable path in PATH as proposed by alutian.

@jemsoo7:

As proposed by me, did you update your Environment Variables that generic Python uses to force temporary files to go where you want them to go? Especially TMPDIR, since that is the first place it tries before moving down its list of places to check.

Quote:
The default directory is chosen from a platform-dependent list, but the user of the application can control the directory location by setting the TMPDIR, TEMP or TMP environment variables

Python searches a standard list of directories to find one which the calling user can create files in. The list is:

• The directory named by the TMPDIR environment variable.
  • The directory named by the TEMP environment variable.
  • The directory named by the TMP environment variable.
  • A platform-specific location:
    On Windows, the directories C:\TEMP, C:\TMP, \TEMP, and \TMP, in that order.
  • On all other platforms, the directories /tmp, /var/tmp, and /usr/tmp, in that order.
  • As a last resort, the current working directory.
DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #62
jemsoo7
jemsoo7 began at the beginning.

Hmm... this is definitely something with the drive... have tried numerous permutation of renaming TMPDIR, TEMP, TMP environment variables to the drive the portable version is located or the default %SystemRoot%\TEMP, TMP etc but not successful. However if i move either of the portable folders on the C:\ DRIVE, BOTH version of portable works fine....

Man, its not a problem, i can manage with it,

Your plugins are SOOOOO great that this is no inconvenience to me! Thanks anyway for your GREAT WORK!
jemsoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #63
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR & TMPDIR et al

@jems007:

CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR is used by Calibre for its temporary file directory, and TMPDIR et al are used by generic Python for its temporary file directory.

CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR must be consistent with TMPDIR.

Since c:\temp and c:\tmp are specifically searched by generic Python on Windows platforms, if you do not otherwise use them, then they should be deleted. That frees Python to find a generic \temp or \tmp on your USB drive.

Per the Python documentation:

Quote:
The default directory is chosen from a platform-dependent list, but the user of the application can control the directory location by setting the TMPDIR, TEMP or TMP environment variables

Python searches a standard list of directories to find one which the calling user can create files in. The list is:

The directory named by the TMPDIR environment variable.
The directory named by the TEMP environment variable.
The directory named by the TMP environment variable.

A platform-specific location:
On Windows, the directories C:\TEMP, C:\TMP, \TEMP, and \TMP, in that order.

On all other platforms, the directories /tmp, /var/tmp, and /usr/tmp, in that order.

As a last resort, the current working directory.

DaltonST
Old 02-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #64
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.17 New: ISSN Extraction from Magazine/Periodical PDFs

Version 1.0.17 - 2016-02-13 New: ISSN Extraction from Magazine/Periodical PDFs for use in deriving DDC, LOC, etc.

Optionally extracts ISSNs from PDFs for Magazines and Periodicals. The other LC functionality then may be executed for the PDFs for which ISSNs were extracted.

DaltonST
Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 AM   #65
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Thanks Dalton. I really like this plugin.
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2016, 05:15 AM   #66
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks a lot for the update
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #67
jemsoo7
jemsoo7 began at the beginning.

All Working Fine Now! Have deleted the C:TEMP and installed new version, Icon appears now. Thanks for the time! was away the past few month! Take care! and not to repeat myself.... thanks again for all your huge efforts to help and develop new features! JPr.
jemsoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #68
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.20 Updating of #genre by mapping the DDC or LCC

Version 1.0.20 - 2016-03-21 New: Updating of #genre (or any other text custom column) by mapping the DDC or LCC to Table _lc_genre_mapping, which is automatically seeded with over 2,470 DDC-to-genre rows.

See the attached images.

The new menu option to import a csv file to add/change mapping rules can be used to easily personalize the mappings as you desire. The template csv file with over 2,470 mappings is attached to the original post.

Example:

Spoiler:

Quote:
"126","Philosophy And Psychology>Philosophy of Humanity>The self"
"127","Philosophy And Psychology>Philosophy of Humanity>The unconscious & the subconscious"
"128","Philosophy And Psychology>Philosophy of Humanity>Humankind"
"129","Philosophy And Psychology>Philosophy of Humanity>Immortality (philosophy)"
"130","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Parapsychology & occultism"
"131","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Parapsychological & occult methods"
"132","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>[Unassigned]"
"133","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Occult"
"133.1","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Ghosts"
"133.3","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Fortune telling"
"133.333","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Feng shui"
"133.334","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Omens"
"133.4","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Witchcraft"
"133.43","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Magic"
"133.54","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Horoscopes"
"133.82","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Mind reading"
"133.901","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Reincarnation"
"133.95","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Outofbody experience"
"134","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>[Unassigned]"
"135","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Dreams & mysteries"
"135.3","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Dreams"
"136","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>[Unassigned]"
"137","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Divinatory graphology"
"138","Philosophy And Psychology>Parapsychology and Occultism>Physiognomy"

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_menu_with_tooltips.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	147246   Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_configuration.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	147247  

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-21-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #69
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.21 - Enhanced LCC to Genre mapping logic

Version 1.0.21 - 2016-03-22 Enhanced LCC to Genre mapping logic, plus added a corresponding template CSV file.

The new CSV file is attached to the Original Post, and can be imported just as for DDCs.

LCC codes may exist simultaneously with DDC codes in the LC to Genre mapping table as their structures are completely different.

DaltonST
Old 03-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #70
scruffy
Enthusiast
scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise, n800, tablet, etc
To help future people... despite the OSX commandline stuff all working fine, this plugin wouldn't correctly run the commands. I'd get errors when I clicked on the button to create the columns. Running calibre via commandline, I did get the commands it was trying to run, and running them manually worked fine:

calibredb add_custom_column --library-path="/path/to/library" ddc DDC text
calibredb add_custom_column --library-path="/path/to/library" lcc LCC text
calibredb add_custom_column --library-path="/path/to/library" --is-multiple lcead "LC Extra Author Details" text
calibredb add_custom_column --library-path="/path/to/library" oclc_owi OCLC_OWI text
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #71
DaltonST
Deviser

OSX and Python 2.7 Spawning of Subprocesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
To help future people... despite the OSX commandline stuff all working fine, this plugin wouldn't correctly run the commands. I'd get errors when I clicked on the button to create the columns.
@scruffy:

The Python 2.7 'subprocess' module that LC uses to submit calibredb via spawning OS subprocesses has many issues with OSX (and Linux) that are not fixed until Python 3.4. There are workarounds in Python 2.7, but Apple hardware is required to test those workarounds. I have only Windows.

If you have any issues whatsoever running calibredb in LC, you should simply create the custom columns manually.

DaltonST
Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #72
friedman
friedman began at the beginning.

Thank you for this plugin. Just what I was looking for. I was wondering if there is an easy way (copy+paste) to generate a custom "ddc-genre.csv" file with needed ddc-genre tags e.g. "320.234242","..."?
Thanks
friedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #73
DaltonST
Deviser

lc_genre_mapping_csv.txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedman View Post
Thank you for this plugin. Just what I was looking for. I was wondering if there is an easy way (copy+paste) to generate a custom "ddc-genre.csv" file with needed ddc-genre tags e.g. "320.234242","..."?
Thanks
@friedman:

Sure. Just download the DDC-to-Genre mapping csv file that I attached to the Original Post just for that purpose: lc_genre_mapping_csv.txt. Change it as you wish, then use the LC menu option to import it into LC for the current Calibre library.

By the way, the one below it is for LCC instead of DDC.

If you need a resource to tell you what the codes mean, then this is the best that I have found: http://www.librarything.com/mds/32
which draws from the Open Source https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...master/fdc.txt

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-30-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Info added.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #74
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.24 - DDC Pie Charts

Version 1.0.24 - 2016-04-02 DDC Pie Charts

See the attached examples.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lc_ddc_top_20_nn_pie_chart.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	147541   Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_ddc_top_20_nnn_pie_chart.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	147542  
Old 04-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #75
jli-23
jli-23 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Unable to get Genres working

Thanks for the great plugin. I can get everything to work fine except for Genres. I have followed the instructions (downloaded the lc_genre_mapping_csv and imported it). I have created a Genre column

I've attached images of my settings.

When I derive the library codes everything is updated except the genre column which remains blank. Just wondering whether there is something fundamental that I am doing wrong?

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	settings-1.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	148165   Click image for larger version

Name:	settings-2.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	148166  
jli-23 is offline   Reply With Quote