Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
katzsis
katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony T3
Exclamation Calibre conversion fail all formats

Hoping someone can help. A month or so ago i upgraded to Calibre 3.2. Since then i have been unable to convert files from epub to other or from other to epub. i first thought it was just an AZW3 problem, but have since realised it is all file types. i've been able to use an online converter, so problem appears to be not in the files themselves, but in Calibre. I waited a bit and upgraded to 3.23 in the hopes that might fix it, but no joy. Is anyone else having this problem? any fix suggestions?
The error message is this: 'Invalid regular expression: incomplete escape \U at position 11'
thanks Kat

Last edited by katzsis; 05-12-2018 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add error message
katzsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Conversion is working well in all versions so fare I can see. There is something wrong with your PC, calibre installation and/or your source file. Or maybe with your AV what prevent calibre to work.
It is impossible to give you a helpful suggestion w/o some more elementary information like your system, what kind of calibre installation you have, a more complete error log and some additional information about what you try to convert.

A first step can be to check if your AV is blocking calibre. That happens these days more often and if so you need to configure your AV to not block the program. You can also uninstall calibre, reboot your system and make a new, more or less clean installation (this will not delete your library) as additional check.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:21 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@katzsis - try going back to the version you were using before you upgraded to 3.2.

Earlier versions are here

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzsis View Post
The error message is this: 'Invalid regular expression: incomplete escape \U at position 11'
This is the problem.

Firstly, whenever calibre displays an error like this, the dialog will have a "Details" and a "Copy" button. Pressing details will show more information about the error. Pressing copy will copy the full details to the clipboard so that you can post it in a thread like this. And with those details, giving help is a lot easier.

In this case, I think it means that there is a regular expression in your conversion options that is invalid. The only place I can see that uses a regular expression is on the "Search & Replace" tab of the conversion options. This can have several expressions, so you need to check what you have and fix them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #5
katzsis
katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony T3
Thank you all for your suggestions/input. i have deleted and re-entered my search and replace regex - only 1/2 dozen, so no biggy. This isolated the one causing the problem - though why it should suddenly be a problem after 5 years is still a mystery! I certainly have not plumbed the depths of the dark art of regex. All help much appreciated, thanks again. Kat
katzsis is offline   Reply With Quote