Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
World Book Day -- Free Kindle Books

World Book Day -- Free Kindle Books -- exp 24 Apr

In Celebration of World Book Day, AmazonCrossing Aims to Connect One Million Readers with Kindle Books in Translation
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 17, 2018-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) —AmazonCrossing, the largest publisher of translated fiction in the United States, today announced that U.S. readers can download free Kindle books in translation for one week in honor of World Book Day—the annual April 23rd celebration of reading across the globe. Customers can download the English-language translation of award-winning foreign-language books curated by AmazonCrossing editors starting today and concluding at 11:59pm PDT on April 24 by visiting amazon.com/readtheworld.
Read these nine Kindle books from around the world for FREE

Spoiler:
Celebrate World Book Day with AmazonCrossing

A River in Darkness: One Man’s Escape from North Korea by Masaji Ishikawa, translated from Japanese by Risa Kobayashi and Martin Brown: An Amazon Charts bestselling memoir about one man’s harrowing escape from the oppression of North Korea.

The House by the River by Lena Manta, translated from Greek by Gail Holst-Warhaft: An epic saga of love, adventure and family from Greece’s reigning #1 best-selling author.

Still Waters by Viveca Sten, translated from Swedish by Marlaine Delargy: The first book in the nearly 4 million-copy best-selling Swedish Sandhamn Murders series.

The Great Passage by Shion Miura, translated from Japanese by Juliet Winters Carpenter: This award-winning novel, adapted into a major motion picture, about the making of a Japanese dictionary is a reminder that a life dedicated to passion is a life well lived.

Last Train to Istanbul by Ayşe Kulin, translated from Turkish by John W. Baker: A sweeping story of love, adventure and compassion, about a young Turkish couple traversing Nazi-occupied Europe to gain their freedom, from one of Turkey’s most beloved authors.

The Gray House by Mariam Petrosyan, translated from Russian by Yuri Machkasov: An astounding and award-winning tale of a mesmerizing space where disabilities symbolize strengths.

The Question of Red by Laksmi Pamuntjak, translated from Indonesian by Laksmi Pamuntjak: A saga of love, revolution and resilience and one woman’s courage to forge her own path, from an award-winning Indonesian novelist.

The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen, translated from Spanish by Simon Bruni: A haunting page-turner about a boy who lives underground and discovers that light exists in even the darkest of places.

Ten Women by Marcela Serrano, translated from Spanish by Beth Fowler: A group of women with divergent life stories bond over triumphs and heartaches in this beautiful tale about universal connections from an award-winning Chilean author.

Terms and Conditions

Spoiler:
Quote:
This free Kindle book giveaway starts at 9 p.m. (PDT) April 16, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on April 24, 2018. Eligible US customers can download one or more of the nine featured Kindle books subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-24-2018 at 12:26 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
[B]World Book Day -- Free Kindle Books --
<snip>
All of these books which have audio narrations (thus, creating Whispersync deals), have them for $1.99 each! A Question of Red appears to be the only ebook of the bunch that doesn't have an audio companion.

I'll try to post this information on the "Cheap Whispersync Deals" thread later in the day, if someone else doesn't do it first.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thank you, Monkey!

There were a couple on there I will enjoy trying...

sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
All of these books which have audio narrations (thus, creating Whispersync deals), have them for $1.99 each! A Question of Red appears to be the only ebook of the bunch that doesn't have an audio companion.

I'll try to post this information on the "Cheap Whispersync Deals" thread later in the day, if someone else doesn't do it first.
Yeah, I noticed that while you were posting this. Feel free to post the deals, I just don't have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Thank you, Monkey!

There were a couple on there I will enjoy trying...

You're quite welcome. I noticed that I already had Still Waters, but haven't read it yet. This must be a sign telling me to read it.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Yep I saw this on the ereader news blog or what ever its called. I scored the 9 books this morning
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yeah, I noticed that while you were posting this. Feel free to post the deals, I just don't have the time.
<snip>
There is such a great number of deals out there most days that there's no way to post even the ones that I learn about. Even then, I "know" that I must have overlooked some. I try not to think about the ones that I may have missed, and just try to prioritize the ones that I do know about.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-17-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #7
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Here's a positive review, from a good newspaper, for the one I will probably read:

Memoir that should be standard work on the hell of North Korea
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Looks good. I don't know any of the authors as yet. I figure though that you can't go wrong with books that are free for a time. If you find you don't like one you haven't lost any money on the deal.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #9
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Looks good. I don't know any of the authors as yet. I figure though that you can't go wrong with books that are free for a time. If you find you don't like one you haven't lost any money on the deal.
And they're not physical books, so they don't take up (in my case) precious space in the house!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Most of the books don't interest me (I'm not into 'literature') but I bought the audiobook and am listening to Still Waters which is a Swedish crime novel set in a vacation area. Good so far!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #11
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
9 Free Kindle Amazon Crossing Titles

PG at the Passive Voice blog links to a Publishing Perspectives piece highlighting an Amazon Crossings promotion featuring 9 free Kindle books. You can and should download all 9 with the intention of at least giving them a try, even if they are not what you would ordinarily read. To quote:

Quote:
In what may be its most dramatic gesture of support for translated fiction to date, AmazonCrossing–the translation imprint of Amazon Publishing–is giving readers a chance to read nine of its most prominent and successful translated titles free of charge for a limited time.
You can download the 9 ebooks concerned for free from:

World Book Day Read the World
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:45 PM   #12
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya we have a few threads on this already lol. its a great deal and they are sure to be good books, not just random free stuff
Old 04-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LAST DAY -- Free Kindle Books -- exp 24 Apr
Old 05-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
HLS
Wizard

A River in Darkness is fantastic so far!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard

I read the book River in Darkness ( what ever its called) and it was fantastic. I am now reading Last Train to Istanbul. It is so boring and wordy but well written. I am not sure if I have the patience to read it to the end. The author adds little details not relevant to the story and its trying my patience.