Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Mebyon
Mebyon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Abbyy FineReader Dictionaries

Hi folks.

Is there any way to edit the built-in dictionaries in Abbyy FineReader? I'm OCRing old books and, guess what, i486 is a word in the English dictionary! As these books are pre 1923 that 'word' is not likely and it keeps getting read each time the year 1486 crops up!
Mebyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
"i486" is probably not a word in the dictionary--but in the options section, "Ignore words with digits and other nonalphabetic characters" is checked by default. If you uncheck that, you'll probably get it to stop on the mixed letter/number OCR errors.

In FR 7, it's under Tools/Options, in the Check Spelling tab.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Mebyon
Mebyon began at the beginning.

Device: none
That would be great! I had visions of hacking through the .amd and .amm files in Abbyy.

I'll go give it a whirl as I've got a history book all ready for OCRing.

Thanks.
Mebyon is offline   Reply With Quote