Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
Hildebrandt
Hildebrandt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Calibré problem (may be XP problem)

Reinstalled everything (it was that time again) and upon starting Calibré 5.14 i have mysterious problem: Can only click button once, after that no response from calibre. If i use my one click to add books, i can edit metadata by right clicking om the book - but when trying to navigate through the metadata window using the mouse, it's the calibre window below that registers the clicks - even though XP by coloring the metadata window tells me that it's in focus.
If i minimize the calibre window, and then maximise again, i get another click...
I've tried 2 different mice - same behaviour.
Tried downgrading to 5.10 - same behaviour.

Calibre is written in python - should i install anything on my XP to make that work out?? (don't think i did that before, and it worked fine before reinstalling)

Full scan using SpyBot and Avira indicates NP.

I have no idea what's happening - can anyone here help???
Hildebrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like some problem in your OS,never heard of this type of problem with calibre before
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds like reboot time?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Hildebrandt
Hildebrandt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sounds like some problem in your OS,never heard of this type of problem with calibre before
I agree. I just wish i could figure out what the problem is... Used the same install disk & utilities as before, when i had no problems...
Hildebrandt is offline   Reply With Quote