Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
Problems converting tor books

This isn't just happening on TOR books, but this one I've been testing with trying to isolate the issue. The book I'm working with is available for free from TOR here. The book is unencrypted. I am able to use mobiperl to convert to HTML, and then to lrf but I'd really like to be able to do this in the gui.

Code:
ValueError: OPF should only refer to files below it. C:\Program Files\libprs500\The_Disunite-tes_of_America.html is above c:\docume~1\edembo~1\locals~1\temp\libprs500stos2qmobi2lrf
Failed to perform job: Convert book: Disunited States of America
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "parallel.py", line 139, in run_job
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 158, in main
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 131, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 28, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 17, in generate_html
  File "libprs500\ebooks\mobi\reader.pyo", line 176, in extract_content
  File "libprs500\ebooks\mobi\reader.pyo", line 188, in create_opf
  File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 534, in create_manifest
ValueError: OPF should only refer to files below it. C:\Program Files\libprs500\The_Disunite-tes_of_America.html is above c:\docume~1\edembo~1\locals~1\temp\libprs500stos2qmobi2lrf
Log:
Now, I've tried keeping the .prc file on another drive but this has no effect. Running any2lrf in verbose mode has no effect. This error is confusing since it sounds like

C:\Program Files\libprs500\The_Disunite-tes_of_America.html

is considered a parent directory of

c:\docume~1\edembo~1\locals~1\temp\libprs500stos2q mobi2lrf

When I set TMP and TEMP to another drive:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\edembowski\My Documents\My eBooks>any2lrf.exe --verbos
e "Turtledove, Harry - The Disunited States of America.prc"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convert_from.py", line 161, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 158, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 131, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 28, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 17, in generate_html
  File "libprs500\ebooks\mobi\reader.pyo", line 176, in extract_content
  File "libprs500\ebooks\mobi\reader.pyo", line 188, in create_opf
  File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 534, in create_manifest
ValueError: OPF should only refer to files below it. C:\Documents and Settings\edembowski\My Documents\My eBooks\The_Disunite-tes_of_America.html is above d:\tmp\libprs500on0zcsmobi2lrf
It now thinks that C:\Documents and Settings\edembowski\My Documents\My eBooks\The_Disunite-tes_of_America.html is above d:\tmp\libprs500on0zcsmobi2lrf

Is anyone else seeing problems like this? I'm using 0.4.49 of libprs500.

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Ramen
Connoisseur
Ramen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, BeBook
I can't tell from your post but have you tried doing all the work from within one directory, possibly using subdirs for temp files? Meaning, you create a directory for your ebook, move the ebook there, set TEMP and TMP (why both?) to that dir or some subdir and call the converter from that directory.
Should remedy the error message but I'm really just guessing.
Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
I can't tell from your post but have you tried doing all the work from within one directory, possibly using subdirs for temp files?
Yes, that is what I've tried to describe.

Quote:
Meaning, you create a directory for your ebook, move the ebook there, set TEMP and TMP (why both?) to that dir or some subdir and call the converter from that directory.
Should remedy the error message but I'm really just guessing.
I'm setting both TMP and TEMP because I have Cygwin installed. I'm not sure which libprs500 uses, so I set them both to be safe. Have you been able to convert this book successfully? If you haven't tried, could you? I'd like to see if maybe it's something weird on my system, or if it's an actual bug.

- Ed
Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
I just ran mobi2lrf against the file and it converted perfectly. This was command-line and Linux though...
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have temp and tmp set to whatever the default is for XP Pro. I just did a conversion of the PRC and it worked for the most part with no error. I did however get huge spacing between paragraphs which is horrible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you sure you're using 49? I thought I squashed this bug a couple of versions ago. One thing to try is use mobi2lrf instead of any2lrf. If that works, please open a bug report for any2lrf.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #7
edembowski
Zealot

The app reports 0.4.49, but I'll do an uninstall & reinstall from a fresh download to make certain. I got my prs500 a couple of weeks ago, so the app was recently downloaded. I do have mobiperl installed to the same directory as libprs500, but that shouldn't do anything. mobiperl is just a handful of executables, and there are no name collisions.

- Ed
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
edembowski
Zealot

OK, reinstalling did the trick! Thanks everyone!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you sure you're using 49? I thought I squashed this bug a couple of versions ago. One thing to try is use mobi2lrf instead of any2lrf. If that works, please open a bug report for any2lrf.
What about the bug that makes HUGE spaces between the paragraphs?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote