Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
NC1066
NC1066 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Changing devices on calibre

I set up calibre on my desktop for my wife's KoboVox & converted 198 mobi files to epub & put them on SD card for her. I then wanted to put the same converted files on my KoboArc but with no success (no SD card), on watching the demo (if in doubt read the instructions) I noticed that instead of the "save to disk" icon their was a "device" icon. I wish to change calibre to recognise a tablet rather than the Vox but even when I remove calibre & try re-downloading I don't get the welcome screen which allows you to choose your devise. What am I doing wrong? Advice in words of one sylabble please I'm not feeling very bright at the moment.
NC1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1066 View Post
I set up calibre on my desktop for my wife's KoboVox & converted 198 mobi files to epub & put them on SD card for her. I then wanted to put the same converted files on my KoboArc but with no success (no SD card), on watching the demo (if in doubt read the instructions) I noticed that instead of the "save to disk" icon their was a "device" icon. I wish to change calibre to recognise a tablet rather than the Vox but even when I remove calibre & try re-downloading I don't get the welcome screen which allows you to choose your devise. What am I doing wrong? Advice in words of one sylabble please I'm not feeling very bright at the moment.
Settings (and Library) are stored, even if you un-install

Preferences: Run the Welcome wizard.

BUT

Right-click on the Device Icon (when a device is attached)

You have choices
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
NC1066
NC1066 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Thank you 'the ducks' you're a star.
NC1066 is offline   Reply With Quote