Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Which do you use...micro sd or micro sdhc?

I may purchase a micro sd card for my Touch but am not certain which (sd or sdhc) will work best on it. What do you use and how is it going? Thanks!
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
I may purchase a micro sd card for my Touch but am not certain which (sd or sdhc) will work best on it. What do you use and how is it going? Thanks!
It depends on what capacity you are after, SD will go up to 4Gb, SDHC will go up to 32Gb. I think you'd be hard pressed to find plain SD nowadays, pretty much all the SD cards are SDHC.

If it is for books, don't worry about the speed either, class 4 would be plenty, class 2 would do also, though may be a bit sluggish if you have very large books, like PDFs with pictures.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Make sure you don't get SDXC (from 64 GB up). Compatibility with Kindle is not 100%!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I have the Micro-SDHC 8GB. First of all you should check if your computer will except High Capacity cards (SDHC) I know a lot of computers running XP won't have it, but Vista and 7 should be good. Other than that I don't think there's to much difference.

I'm not sure if you just forgot to put Micro-SD instead of just SD card but just to be safe the KT doesn't except SD cards, only Micro-SD(HC).
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Thanks for the replies!
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert