Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
pgs
pgs began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
prs 505 stops charging without reason

Hello,

my reader (prs 505) battery died and I am not able to recharge it :S.

First I tried to charge it as usual through a USB port in my laptop but after 15 minutes approximately the red light goes off. If I remove the usb plug and then plug it again the same thing happen.. some minutes charging with the light on and then the light switch off with no apparent reason..

Then I tried to charge it through a USB wall charger with the same result.. (after that I read that a USB wall charger shouldn't be used with sony reader so I am afraid I made it even worse..)

After that I also tried with an original PSP charger and same thing happens..

Anybody has had the same problem? The reader is not freeze because if I tried to turn it on (after the few minutes of charging it) I can see it is started and that the empty battery signal appear.

Also the battery was working perfectly before discharging so I don't think is a battery problem either..

Thanks for any help in advance!
pgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, pgs

Once your problems are sorted out....click on the "introduce yourself" link below and let us welcome you properly....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Try charging with the PSP charger and ignore the red light going off... leave it for at least 6-12 hours charging then try again... often works...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
pgs

Thanks! I left it charging for 12 hours with the psp charger but still no change in the battery
Old 10-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
pgs

@desertgrandma, already introduced in the "introduce yourself"thread
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Try resetting the 505 through the pinhole at the back. That seemed to fix my charging problem.........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
SeaDimis
SeaDimis began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Hallo,
Same problem with me.
I am an owner of a dead 505.
After 3 yeras now it is not turning on.
When i use the psp charger the red light is on for 5 minutes. Thes is turning of. I have left in for charging for 24 hours bat no result.
When i put it to usb the red light is on for 1 minute then the same thing.
Some times if i hold the power to on for more than 10 sec then the power light is turning on (orange) for 3-4 sec and then nothing hapens. I try compinations with hard reset during turning on bat stil nothing hapens.
Some times when i try to turn the devise on i thing that i see a very thin black line in the left part of the scren.
Please if you have a working solution advise me.
I someone has replace the battery, what is the cost ??
regards
SeaDimis is offline   Reply With Quote