Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Friar
Ave Maria!
Friar began at the beginning.

Device: Anything I can find/borrow/use for testing eBooks
No Cover Image In Aldiko Basic

Pax+Christi

I am almost done with a book I am working on; however, when I import it into Aldiko Basic it doesn't load the cover image. I am using Basic, but that shouldn't matter for a problem like this.
When I navigate to the eBooks folder, it creates .cover.png and .thumbcover.png, but both are simply blank!
The first version of this book had the cover in a svg wrapper using code from these forums, I didn't know if that was the problem, so I using a simple img tag instead. Still nothing.
I have checked the content.opf file over and see no problems.
The epub was generated from InDesign, but I manually inserted the image and made many other edits in Sigil.
I have uninstalled/re-installed Aldiko as well as deleting the whole eBooks directory and re-importing the book. Nothing.
I am quite flabergasted with this, any ideas?
Friar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
If you have access to calibre try loading the epub and see if the cover is shown.. the only thing I can think of.. providing you have verified the epub (the img tag) is that the image you are using is is corrupt... try a different image for the cover I useAldiko basic as well and I have had no problems like that
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Friar
Ave Maria!

It works in Calibre, IDE, Kindle Previewer, Moon+ Reader...

I have also tried several different images, the first was just a place-holding .gif when I exported it from InDesign, but I switched to my jpg, and then to another one later. Same problem with each.

This in the only image in the whole book, so Aldiko doesn't have to guess which one is the cover image. I have it referenced in my guide section, but it doesn't work if I take it out either.
I have <meta name="cover" content="cover.jpg" /> in my metadata and <item href="Images/cover.jpg" id="Cover" media-type="image/jpeg" /> in my manifest.

I am going to add some more picture to the book and see if they show up.

This hasn't happened with the other books I have made in this same workflow.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
Friar
Ave Maria!

I found the problem - the image I was using for the cover was too large. I will do some testing and post where the breaking point is.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
Friar
Ave Maria!

It seems to break around 1500 pixels width. Good to know.
Ave Maria!

Tags
aldiko, cover, epub