Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #31
indiana71
indiana71 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
I think jpa's detailed post about booting and running a PRS-T1 from SD card is excellent, my hat's off to jpa. For two reasons:

1) His description looks detailed enough to repeat in a lost hour or two, so can be a cheap and simple way to save a useful piece of equipment.

2) It would be an interesting learning experience.

Not for everyone, of course, and I mean no disrespect to those who prefer to spend their time on other matters.
I am not sure I understand everything indicated by JPA.
JPA released in the second post the copy of the complete SD Card from which to start the reader. And so far OK.
The problem is that it is not clear to me how he changed the boot of the player.

Specifically when he says: To get recovery environment to boot, put rupor-rescue on the SD card partition 4 and then use this Python script to temporarily point uboot to load the rescue partition from SD card...

Partition 4? Why? Which SDCard is he referring to?
How put rupor-rescue on the SD card partition 4?
indiana71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #32
indiana71
indiana71 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana71 View Post
I am not sure I understand everything indicated by JPA.
JPA released in the second post the copy of the complete SD Card from which to start the reader. And so far OK.
The problem is that it is not clear to me how he changed the boot of the player.

Specifically when he says: To get recovery environment to boot, put rupor-rescue on the SD card partition 4 and then use this Python script to temporarily point uboot to load the rescue partition from SD card...

Partition 4? Why? Which SDCard is he referring to?
How put rupor-rescue on the SD card partition 4?

I have now read that JPA had already answered me .... and IT WORKS!
Now I can use PRS-T1 booting the Operating System from SDCard.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329270

Last edited by indiana71; 09-25-2020 at 06:22 PM.
indiana71 is offline   Reply With Quote