Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #1
dougaldan
dougaldan began at the beginning.

Device: AMZ Kindle Fire 8th Gen and 12th Gen
Book covers not displaying on Kindle

Hi,

Current issue is that ebooks sent from Calibre, by email as epub documents, to either of my Kindles are not shown in the library with a thumb of the book cover. Instead a generic cover is shown with the title and author in small text. This may be related to the requirement to send books as email in epub format. The book covers are in the epubs, they show transiently as the book opens and they show up fine in Calibre on my PC. It is a minor issue as the books read ok but it is irritating to have to peer at the thumbnail to identify which book is which. Help or a workaround would be appreciated. Ive not found a solution on any other forums.
Cheers!
dougaldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:38 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use USB transfer. This is deliberate by Amazon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
dougaldan

Hi Thanks for the response.

I managed to get transfer to Kindle by USB to work on my previous device(FireHD 8th Gen). However the book goes to the one device. When I email the book it ends up on my amazon account (as a Doc) and available on all of my devices. Is there any way to get the book into my account via usb to my Kindle?

I get a communication error connecting to my new Kindle (FireHD 12th Gen). Any further assistance would be much appreciated.

Doug

here is the error detail

calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o14

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 219, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 191, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 271, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o14
Old 02-01-2023, 11:24 AM   #4
dougaldan

Apologies about the latter issue. It seems to be an issue with the HD 12th Gen

Tags
calibre, epub, kindle, missing cover