Old 12-10-2008, 04:01 AM   #46
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
shows titles

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <library start="0" num="20" total="68" updated="2008-12-10T07:57:06+00:00">
<book id="68" title="Magician" sort="Magician" author_sort="Feist, Raymond E." authors="Feist|Raymond E." timestamp="2008/11/07 04:18:23" isbn="" formats="" series="" series_index="1" tags="" publisher="" />
<book id="67" title="Exile_s Return (Conclave of Shadows 030 - Feist; Raymond E._88" sort="Exile_s Return (Conclave of Shadows 030 - Feist; Raymond E._88" author_sort="Feist, Raymond E." authors="Feist|Raymond E." timestamp="2008/11/07 04:18:21" size="1444996" isbn="" formats="EPUB,PRC" series="" series_index="1" tags="" publisher="Collins">this is a comment</book>
<book id="66" title="The Tamuli 3 - The Hidden City" sort="Tamuli 3 - Hidden City, The" author_sort="Eddings, David" authors="Eddings|David" timestamp="2008/11/07 04:18:20" size="435544" isbn=""
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #47
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm so there's something else wrong. What browser are you using?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 04:07 AM   #48
gandor62
Connoisseur

Windows explorer v7

I have just finished downloading safari, ill see if that changes anything
Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #49
gandor62
Connoisseur

Hmmm you were right. Safari shws books perfectly. SO something in explorer is blocking me.... ill fiddle with settings, at least I know its my end.....

Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #50
gandor62
Connoisseur

Well I can get the Catalogue up with Safari running as default browser with no problems. But totally unable to get with microsoft IE v7. Also Stanza says catalog is empty when trying to access from the iPod Touch.

With IE 7 I do get the calibre logo and the search box etc but no books shown as they do in safari. I played with everything to try to resolve. Ill keep trying different things, who knows one day maybe. LOL

Oh Im also running Windows Live Care antivirus etc. I have a feeling that may be interfering, as I have tried almost everything I can think of, it seems to do its own thing most of the time and totally irritates me. Be going in the bin soon.
Advert
Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 AM   #51
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
With 114 I still see an empty catalogue in stanza too
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
With 114 I still see an empty catalogue in stanza too
Do you have any books in the ePub format in your library?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #53
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Yes, that's what I convert pretty much all my books to, will try the latest later and file a ticket.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:29 AM   #54
crucify
crucify has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: hanlin v3
Script error in IE6, fine in firefox though.
crucify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesn't work with IE
Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #56
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Works great for me but I would much prefer if it didn't ask for a username and password... while telling me the username it expects.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Works great for me but I would much prefer if it didn't ask for a username and password... while telling me the username it expects.
Why? Just use a password of twice the normal length.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #58
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, aside from the "security concern" (people concerned about security generally don't allow webservers in an unknown patch/config state to be exposed on the outside of their network, and I access my box over ipsec VPN only), it just seems kind of odd to ask for the username while printing out the username.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Well, aside from the "security concern" (people concerned about security generally don't allow webservers in an unknown patch/config state to be exposed on the outside of their network, and I access my box over ipsec VPN only), it just seems kind of odd to ask for the username while printing out the username.
There is no security concern, since as I said the security is just a function of the length of the unknown string, whether that string is split up into two parts or not is immaterial. In fact, the reason I print out the username is to emphasize that fact, as well as to emphasize that the library is shared between users. I wish there was a way to get browsers to just prompt for a key instead of a username and password, but...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #60
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Ah, I see. You could use a different authentication method, perhaps something embedded in the page with/without cookies?