Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Kindle for iOS 5.10 released

Kindle for iOS 5.10 released. It adds Ember Bold font, and the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Kindle for iOS 5.10 released. It adds Ember Bold font, and the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.
In plain English, it adds nothing much.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Having a bold font option is a major improvement for me.

Though Hyphen is still my favorite iOS ereading app, with MapleRead coming in second.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Having a bold font option is a major improvement for me.

Though Hyphen is still my favorite iOS ereading app, with MapleRead coming in second.
They're not really competitors, though. The overwhelming majority of people use the Kindle app to read Kindle books. Hyphen and MapleRead are ePub reading apps.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It was in the previous release, but the Send To Kindle feature is nice to have, and seems to work well when I've used it.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have yet to be able to download this version on my Air 2. It constantly errors (since May 2) with the message can not be downloaded at this time, try later. It works ok on my iPhone 7.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 05-12-2017 at 02:43 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have yet to be able to download this version on my Air 2. It constantly errors (since May 2) with the message can not be downloaded at this time, try later. It works ok on my iPhone 7.

Dale
You might need to uninstall/delete the older app, then reinstall it. Sometimes that fixes unexplainable issues. However, 5.10 doesn't have much new in it except the new font.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well, I finally checked the app itself instead of the update screen and it was hung up completely. Rebooting the iPad cleared the hang and I was able to do the upgrade. I should have found it sooner.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Well, I finally checked the app itself instead of the update screen and it was hung up completely. Rebooting the iPad cleared the hang and I was able to do the upgrade. I should have found it sooner.

Dale
These things happen from time to time. I had a similar issue with an update to "Numbers" recently. It wouldn't update for several days, and then one day it suddenly worked. Every other app updated fine in the mean time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

I find that when updating Numbers, Keynote, or Pages, that it is best to update each of them solo. They sometimes pop up in the update list with other apps, but if I select Update All it often gets stuck on one of these big apps from Apple. Then it takes forever, or so it seems, to install anything. When I select each of these three apps separately and update it solo, it tends to update much better/faster. I'm not sure why this is, but it just seems to be one of those quirks that occurs.