Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #91
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thanks. I grabbed the new version. It's nice.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #92
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapozyan View Post
Version 1.7.0 released!

Whats new in this release:
  • Fixed rare utf-8 encoding bug that led to repeated reindexing of the same book
  • Improved look and feel of Options dialog and Readme box
  • Added "Found XX books" status line in Search dialog
  • Remembered size and position of Search dialog
  • Now Plugin remembers last 10 search terms
  • Made autoindex an optional feature (now you can disable it from Options dialog)

Thanks to everyone for valuable comments!
Thanks!

Just a few considerartons:

1) The number of books counted by the plugin doesn't match the real number. A book with multiple formats is counted multiple times.

2) In my Windows 10 machine, size and position is not being remembered.

3) About the option to "reindex new books": shouldn't it be "index" instead of "reindex"?
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #93
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
1) The number of books counted by the plugin doesn't match the real number. A book with multiple formats is counted multiple times.
Haha correct. Didn't pay attention.

Quote:
Strange, for me it works. Need to investigate.

Quote:
3) About the option to "reindex new books": shouldn't it be "index" instead of "reindex"?
Right, "index" is better word.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #94
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Thanks!

I tried this on my Win 10 Pro as soon as I read this, several hours ago, and it did not work for me either. I just tried it again, and this time it did, with size and location of the Power Search box persisting through Calibre shutdown/restarts.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #95
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I tried this on my Win 10 Pro as soon as I read this, several hours ago, and it did not work for me either. I just tried it again, and this time it did, with size and location of the Power Search box persisting through Calibre shutdown/restarts.
I had to do two restarts on calibre before the size and position was remembered. One after installing 1.7.0 and one after running 1.7.0 for the first time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #96
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also notice the default window size of the readme window isn't quite wide enough:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-04 23_58_36-Power Search.png
Views:	185
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	183222
Old 11-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #97
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Forgot to mention that the book count seems to include all libraries. Running Power Search in a library with 43 books, one search found 4 books with the search term but reported 1475 books found. A second search with a different search term found 5 books but reported 1271. A third search with yet another search term found 3 books and reported 991.

When I switched to the main library, I got book counts that came close to matching the number shown as found.

Hmmmm... a search on 'the' found 10000 books.

And for a bug report. When I switch libraries with Power Search and try to do a search, I get a NoneType object has no attribute error. See spoiler.

Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 5.4.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'library_id'
calibre 5.4.2 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Annotations (1, 13, 0) && Baen (1, 2, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 7, 0) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 7) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 0, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 24, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 188) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 82, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 9) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && ScrambleEbook (0, 4, 5) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 235, in on_search
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 276, in _reindex
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 171, in library_id
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'library_id'
Old 11-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #98
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

How many books do you have? I wonder if 10,000 is a limit.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:16 AM   #99
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Thank you! Version 1.7.0 is a serious improvement
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #100
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Now it works for me either, after another restart.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #101
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How many books do you have? I wonder if 10,000 is a limit.
Around 12,000 in my Main library and 43 in the Intake library. I suspect 10,000 is a limit on the number of returned results since a search on 'a', 'an' and 'you' returned the same number of results. OTOH, a search for 'borogrove' found 3 instances, 'bandersnatch' found 23 and 'frumious bandersnatch' found 9 (mostly Lewis Carroll and Larry Niven).
Old 11-05-2020, 01:45 PM   #102
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Now it works for me either, after another restart.
Maybe it's the gremlins again.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #103
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Plan for a new version: processing zip files.

Stay tuned!
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:35 PM   #104
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

A few small suggestions:

1. An option to set the path for ElasticSearch, so that if it isn't running it can launch it instead of just throwing an error about being unable to contact the service.

2. Being able to search only the currently viewed (or selected, if that's more doable) books. This could be added as a dropdown menu.

3. On the topic of the menus, the icon is extremely low-contrast in dark mode (I only just realized there's a magnifying glass). An alternate icon for dark mode would be nice.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-04-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #105
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Another small request:

Add the two indexing options as dropdown menu I was hoping that I could incorporate re-indexing into one of my action chains (not entirely sure it'll work, but it's worth a try).