Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-27-2022, 02:54 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
2 Dead Boox 6" ereaders - suggestions?

Hello,

I two dead Boox 6" e-readers.

One wont charge, the other wont boot ( If I remember, my son tried to update the bios and messed it up )

I live in the mid-west of the USA.
Does anyone have any suggestions on were I might be able to get them repaired? ( both are well out of warranty )

Or, are the basically expensive bricks and I should just recycle / trash them?
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
... two dead Boox 6" e-readers.
You could mail them to me. Err, maybe not.
They are probably older RockChip models?
I've got enough on my plate with Qualcomm, MediaTek and Allwinner without jumping into RockChip.
What's the newest model?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2022, 01:03 AM   #3
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Hello,

I two dead Boox 6" e-readers.

One wont charge, the other wont boot ( If I remember, my son tried to update the bios and messed it up )

I live in the mid-west of the USA.
Does anyone have any suggestions on were I might be able to get them repaired? ( both are well out of warranty )

Or, are the basically expensive bricks and I should just recycle / trash them?
Maybe some high-profile repair YouTube channels could be interested in trying to repair some new stuff like a Boox ereader?
- https://www.youtube.com/@Tronicsfix/videos
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 02:23 AM   #4
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
theoretically you could swap the battery, and if the one that wont charge able to charge normally, then you can buy new battery.

as for the one that wont boot, it may be still be able to be fixed via some kind of emergency rescue (EDL?).
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote